• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Installed White Knuckle GP-1 Exhaust

Let it Ride

Veteran
Just gone done putting on the new pipes. Loud! I have a question about my jets. They say change from the stock 135 to 140. I have heard of the new jets for the RX-1 that go deeper into the bowl, due to the fact that it's the R1 motor (bike) and the jets are not made for sled riding_up and down. ANyone know about this? I know that the sled comes fat from the factory. Does anyone know how rich. I think it might be just right now that I have those pipes on. Anyone know? Did I mention how LOUD those pipes are? Loud pipes save lives. Also if Anyone was wondering about the installation of the pipes it was easy.

TELL ME HOW YOU LIKE THEM AFTER YOUR FIRST LONG TRAIL RIDE ,I HAVE THE QC1 EXHAUST ............. .JUST RIGHT !
HAS A NICE SCHNARLY SOUND TO IT , I SOMETIMES WONDER THOUGH
IF I WOULDN'T HAVE LIKED THE LOUD ONES BETTER .

I love the sound, but the exhaust note does reverbirate, in your head. I found it a little too loud for long trips. The sound really comes alive after 6000RPM..lake runs, sound amazing....

I hope it isn't too loud. It's loud as all hell on the stand in the garage. Neighbors are going o be lovin me. I'll post after my ride later today. Supposed to be getting 6" today.

LYDONRX-1,you´re right.I was on a 40 mile ride last sunday and my ears were ringing like I had been inside a churchbell all day longongong.
Nasty headache later that evening.

I´ve switched back to stock now,maybe gutting it later.

The GP-1 sounds real awesome for a short while but my neighbours are waveing their fists and horses are bolting(?)

I agree that it was way too loud, also got a headache after about a 40 mile trip. Switched to the QC-1, I love it and still get all the looks I could ever want!

I'm begining to think I should have gotten the QC-1. The GP1 is just too much. Has anyone else had there's on long enough to see if it's tolerable on long rides. I think ear plugs are a must.

i too have thegp-1 and love the sound especially running wide open but todat i got a ticket for using it,didn't have to pay this time but if i get caught again i'll have to :cry: So if you want to buy it send me a PM. I paid $660 for it right to my door.I'm willing to sell for $500

i heard a guys whiteknuckle loud last year before i gutted my exhaust and desided it was too loud :shock: so why spend money on an aftermarket exhaust when i can gut mine and make more noise,im very happy with sound of machine :D ,i basically took everything out except the 2 short glass packs that are made inside the can and welded it back together,couldnt believe the restriction that it had from the factory,everyone that hears it says it sounds awesome, :D yet its not a headache after 40 miles of riding,i think it was money well saved after hearing the aftermarket quiet mufflers now cause mine sounds better than all ive heard and the price was right, freebie

Hey Guys,

How does a gutted stock exhaust sound compared to the aftermarket versions? Louder? Better tone? I have been trying to buy a Bender exhaust, loud version but they are back ordered. I am a machinist with a TIG welder so why not modify the stock exhaust and save the $400 for riding? Supertuner had an RX-1 with the GP-1......WAY to loud!! BTW, I think the HP gains claimed by the aftermarket pipe companies are greatly exaggerated. I seen dyno results that show very little improvements. I'm only after a better sound. Thanks!

Back