• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Installing 1.5" intense..Help!

**APEXGT**

Veteran
I'm putting a 1.5" intense track on my 06 Apex. I removed the tunnel protectors that were rivited on from under the seat. Do I have to remove the protectors from the front cooler? It looks like the track might hit it. I would like to know before I put everything back on...Thanks

I did not have to remove the protectors from the front cooler to run this track on my attak.
EDIT: my attak is a 07 tho not sure if the front cooler is any different but i don't think it is...

1.5" is the tallest you can go without it rubbing the protectors. 1.75" and above you'll have to notch or remove.

I cut the forward protectors out with a die grinder. It's loud and messy, but nessesary. Even if the track clears them, snow will have a harder time getting through that area. Once the track is installed, there isn't much room in there.

schmeg said:
I cut the forward protectors out with a die grinder. It's loud and messy, but nessesary. Even if the track clears them, snow will have a harder time getting through that area. Once the track is installed, there isn't much room in there.

I would have to agree.....it's not that it doesn't fit, you need clearence as well and that where the prob is.

My sled has alot less top end since installing the 1.5 intence. I know this is expected, but should I have to change any clutching to compensate for the extra track weight? I know nothing about weights and settings for the clutch. Right now it is still stock besides a snow stuff can that just drives me nuts!!

One more question. Maybe a stupid one but can my 1.5" track be studded?? Im thinking that I would have to go back to a 1.25 to run studs?? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

can't studd a 1.5" track.. you need your tunnel protectors which you don't have anymore.

You may want to drop a tooth or two on your top gear to gain some low end power back for the deep POW!

I am running a 1.75 Back Cournty on my attack with a 21 top gear and ulmers stage 2 kit.. pulls HARD in the bottom end but tops out at 104 on the dream o meter (96 ish mph GPS'd)

Back