• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Installing hurricane clutch kit?

Michigandir

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Yamaha nytro rtx
No sure what happened to my question. I need help from someone who's installed the hindle clutch kit for the nytro upgrade. When I put the Helix and spring back on the secondary with the spring at 0 and 1 the Helix can slide straight back onto the bolts with no tension whatsoever I don't feel that's correct but to turn it to the next bolt is extremely difficult but possible I just want to verify that this is the correct way to do it.

Last edited:

OK. Nevermind. Dave at hurricane got back with me and told me spring should be at 6-1 and NOT 0-1 like the box said.

Glad you got it figured out, but for the record, Hindle only make exhausts lol

Ya wow I'm just realizing now I put hindle clutch kit. Sorry. I meant hurricane. I got the whole hindle exhaust with Dave's clutch kit from hurricane performance. I'll edit it. Thanks

Last edited:
I hope so. I keep questioning myself whether I should of just went for a turbo instead. But I'm not too sure about aftermarket turbos Reliability? And do you really need turbo for trail riding?

For trail riding this kit is more than enough. Ya turbos are best deal for the biggest power gains, but you are then required to run premium fuel and the cost is more then double the price of the hurricane kit, unless you find a killer deal or a used kit. This kit allows you to run 87 octane and is dead nuts reliable....no need to worry about perfect a/f etc....it's a bolt on and go kit.

Back