• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Installing reverse on my new Apex, any tips/tricks?

Its a factory kit. I kinda wish it was installed by the dealer but I already had a tripped planned only two hours from the dealer so I went ahead and picked it up (he didn't have the kit instock) and he sent me the reverse kit. Opened the box and went WHOA that's alots of parts.

I did see that other thread amd looks like it will help.

niko said:
firemann, have you seen this url? its for a rx1 but i think will be very helpfull

http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmobiles ... nstall.htm

Apart from that im sure what else, where did you get your kit from?

niko.

I paid 9800 OTD for the sled, reverse kit, skid plate and left hand throttle. Was told by the dealer I bought it from the kit was 610, another dealer told me it was 650. I think I got a pretty good deal, or did I get screwed?

Most important thing I can think of right now, is when you are installing the cover, make sure the fork ( Reverse lever ) goes in over the top of the slotted gear rather than under it. It's the closest gear to the cover. You'll see a groove in that gear, which is where the fork set into.

This is for a RX-1, but is pretty much the same thing.....

http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmobiles ... nstall.htm

-1CS

Got it installed this weekend, went pretty easy considering there were no instructions. I just followed the breakdown from the parts schematic and it went smooth. Works great.

Do have one question though. I never found the wires to hook up to the switch on top of the reverse lever, any ideas?

Firemann32 said:
Do have one question though. I never found the wires to hook up to the switch on top of the reverse lever, any ideas?

There should be an end somewhere in that harness. I would think Yamaha just uses one standard harness for all the sleds. Should be right there somewhere.
Here's a couple pics I just went out and took. Will these help?

-Vince

Attachments

• IM001457.JPG
    IM001457.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 125
  • IM001458.JPG
    IM001458.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 144
niko said:
Great stuff, on the install, not sure on the wires on mean, i thought the hand brake cable hooked up to the linkage of the kit for reverse??

ps: did you take any pics?

niko. ;)!

Yes I did, I'll post them as soon as I get them resized.

1CrazySledder said:
Firemann32 said:

There should be an end somewhere in that harness. I would think Yamaha just uses one standard harness for all the sleds. Should be right there somewhere.
Here's a couple pics I just went out and took. Will these help?

-Vince

Thanks I'll look somemore tomorrow but neither one of us could find it, hmm?

Back