• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Insurance doubled......ideas?

craze1cars said:
Surprised to hear the American Family $250 quotes from others. I have Am Fam for my cars, home, boat, and umbrella (11 years so far without a single claim on ANY of them), but they wanted $390 to insure my sled. So I asked State Farm just for giggles and they beat Am Fam by $100, despite the fact that I have nothing else insured with them. But Am Fam is still winning on the cars and home so I haven't changed them.

Another very good alternative is to drop collision and comp. I usually do this as soon as a sled gets to be 1 or 2 years old since they depreciate like rocks.
Am Fam has been pretty good for me. They charged me $220 a year to insure my '06 YFZ 450 (full coverage, $500 deductable) and they charge me about $70 a month to insure my '99 F-150 (full coverage, $500 deductable, a couple of tickets on my record), so they are pretty good.
Ive shopped around in the past but never really found anyone who beat them by a large margin.

i have mine thru liberty mutual, have to call and add the attak yet, but they have always been reasonable... i cant put my finger on my paperwork right now, but i think it was like 300 ish for the viper and the vector....

Michigan is a different world when it comes to insurance. Between no-fault and PIP laws, it is impossible to get reasonable insurance in MI....mostly because it's impossible for an insurer to make a profit with those ridiculous laws, among some others.

Don't blame the insurance companies for that situation...it's the Michigan government/legislators who caused that mess. I know of several insurance companies who sold insurance in Michagan and eventually GAVE UP and completely pulled all their business out of the state because of their stupid laws preventing any hint of a profit no matter how high they cranked up their rates. American Family to name a major one. There are others. And of the insurers who remain, many are TRYING to get out, but now they cannot because of yet other stupid laws.

I used to be in the insurance industry and know a few things about that stuff...it's a mess in Michigan...period.

Thanks for all the replys.

You really think 3 speeding tickets between two people in 5 yrs is Alot? I know guys that get 3 a year!

Anyway, my sled went from 325.00 to 685.00 and my wife called and asked and all they said was we adjusted our rates. lol

They have great rates with our home an auto's so I dont want to change everything. Do any of these companies listed take just one sled? In the past they have always wanted a vehicle to go with them. Thanks Eric

I ws wondering the same thing

SRXSRULE said:
Thanks for all the replys.

You really think 3 speeding tickets between two people in 5 yrs is Alot? I know guys that get 3 a year!

Anyway, my sled went from 325.00 to 685.00 and my wife called and asked and all they said was we adjusted our rates. lol

They have great rates with our home an auto's so I dont want to change everything. Do any of these companies listed take just one sled? In the past they have always wanted a vehicle to go with them. Thanks Eric
>>>>
I was wondering the same thing ? When I called Geico there brother company would insure individual sleds but they were high! So I would expect others will insure single sleds as well

ironviper said:
ide like to know if anyone in michigan is paying less than 700-900 bucks on their apex, i cant find anything cheaper, ive been quoted over 1000 bucks by some companies

i have state farm for 2006 attak just under $500.00 a year

ironviper, try auto-owners or frankenmuth mutual. have mine with auto-owners and its around $190 a year for apex. put the collision on in winter and take it off when your done riding for the year. this is on my homeowners policy.

Srxspec, don't feel picked on.lol Nationwide snowmobile insurance doubled last year for our two sleds,( a 1999, and a 2000, 500 and 600cc) with no recent claims on any of our "stuff". Agent said that's the way it is. PS We have house, 4 vehicles, Rhino, and two snowmobiles. Never had a claim on the snowmobiles. Go figure? RR And this is for sleds that get less than 600 miles a year!!

I have met life I apy 162 for full coverage....

insurance

Last February i started up with geico, $97 basic coverage. I did find a company who would do full coverage for $250 but they would not write the policy that day (they were closing in an hour)

Also dont let your ceverage lapse like i did. My renewal was in january and i did not renew because i thought it would not snow enough. and when it did Allstate would not renew me, and when i told geico about it they said that will be their policy as well.

2005 RS Venture :rules

Re: insurance

big_ry_ry said:
Last February i started up with geico, $97 basic coverage. I did find a company who would do full coverage for $250 but they would not write the policy that day (they were closing in an hour)

Also dont let your ceverage lapse like i did. My renewal was in january and i did not renew because i thought it would not snow enough. and when it did Allstate would not renew me, and when i told geico about it they said that will be their policy as well.

2005 RS Venture :rules
>>>
Geico said they don't insure sleds but have another company they work with that does there sled coverage and it was 700.00 for a year, your location must have something to do with the cheap price!

Attachments

• bountyfinal.JPG
    bountyfinal.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 68
ironviper said:
ide like to know if anyone in michigan is paying less than 700-900 bucks on their apex, i cant find anything cheaper, ive been quoted over 1000 bucks by some companies

i'm using state farm now and since the sleds were new. 05 rx & 05 venure which are the same price being 1000c.c. i'm paying just under 1000 for the both of them with a clean record over 30yrs. old

Back