• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Interest in a Group Buy?

Whether it's called a "loud muffler" or "light weight muffler" it doesn't really make a difference, it is what it is. I think mpi should be advertising it as a performance muffler, people are spending $3000+ on a trail turbo and for an additional $300 they can bolt on the light weight muffler and gain almost 10hp, if it's loud on a 4 stroke it's free flowing, if it's free flowing on a turbo then it's making more power, so plain and simple, want more power, sacrifice with some added noise.

That was my point, I didn't want to start a debate that has been beaten to death. We can get performance and free flow without loud. Some pipe MFG's have proven that. So I was just asking to concentrate on a free flowing exhaust that gives some performance, but keeps the volume in check. Just to respect those that have issues with the noise.

It's all in the marketing. If you want more customers for a "trail performance" package, then consider it. If it is marketed at "race performance" then put whatever loud can you want in there that gives you the numbers.

Heck, if it never said "loud" and you used the same can, it may not have even come up in conversation. (coming from a guy who just took a viper back to stock exhaust)

Sorry, didn't mean to start anything. I'd be interested in a group by that either kept the stock muffler or substituted it for an equally or more quiet one. As a trail rider, most cans aren't for me.

Sorry, didn't mean to start anything. I'd be interested in a group by that either kept the stock muffler or substituted it for an equally or more quiet one. As a trail rider, most cans aren't for me.

The standard mpi muffler is quieter than just the regular stock muffler. I've heard the mpi "loud" muffler on a trail turbo and it sounds great, to call it loud in my opinion is an overstatement, at cruising speeds or slow moving it sounded very very close to stock, just a nicer tone. The only time it made any real noise was at wot, perfect setup in my opinion, quiet when you want/need it to be but yet still free flowing enough to make some power, I don't see the light weight muffler causing any noise complaints unless the operator isn't using their head.

Guys these upgrades are for our Turbo Kit. The standard muffler that comes with the kit is quieter then the stock muffler. The loud muffler is not that much louder but it wont pass db's. We're still finalizing pricing based off interest. Help me out, if your interested let me know so we can figure the numbers a little better. To do a pro-logger in the group buy I would need a min of 20 orders.

I run the loud muffler and it is louder than stock but no where near the D&D setup they are running on the high boost Xf1100's. I do swap mine out at night. I have been pulled over and no mention of the muffler was made.

Back