• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Intermittant lost Power?

03griz

Pro
Okay this is a new one for me. It seems sometimes I hit the throttle on my 03 RX-1 and it pulls like crazy, 10,200 rpm, slow down hit the throttle again and only pulling 9800 RPM and reduced top end. The other day wide open it felt like it was surgining. Clutchs just all redone at dealer. They had talked about syncing carbs but not sure they did it. Only thing I did was gear top down to 23 last Sunday. Any ideas? Plugs? Coils? Carbs?

Carbs and/or coils are a possibility. You can remove the rubber rings on the coils and reinstall them. Then in a darkened room look for a lightshow. If she revs good some of the time, I do not suspect the carbs, unless you are not comfortable with the fuel's cleanliness.

But, do you have a new belt? Has it been cleaned? Have you checked deflection and center-to-center. Does the secondary float a bit on the jackshaft? Is the offset correct? Did they replace the bushing on the secondary?

Do the RPMs seem to be dropping as you get more traction? Are the motor mounts tight? Some folks have added a torque rod from the front of the motor to the sub frame in front of it to rule out any movement. But typically an indication of motor movement is high RPMS. But, maybe that is how you are getting to 10,200. ??

Is the track tension and alignment correct? Does this inconsistency happen specific to any peculiar snow conditions?

Back