• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Inverted Drivers

TPAY243

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Yamaha Sidewinder LTX SE
I will be changing out the track on my 14 Viper. The exverted drivers are killing my track clips and it is almost impossible to align the track, even with 4th wheel kit. Will the inverted drivers help with this. I will be updating the Jack shaft to the newer one changing all bearings along with the one in the break caliper and the top gear. That should about cover everything, I all ready addressed the chain tensioner. I don't have a problem spending the money on the new drive if it frees everything up a little and I would like to be able to adjust the track and have it stay put. The driver's that are in there now are pretty tore up. Any input on this would be great.

Yes would like to know as well.can't line my track up as well,impossible,gave up.maybe a project like yours for next year

Impossible for me to say for sure but I had same issues and changing both track and switching to introvert drivers solved the problem for me. Problem is I did both at once so not sure which cured it. I have close to 6ooomi on the introvert and new track setup and would do it again. No issues at all with new.

Thanks Cannondale, I read your post from when you changed yours over. I seen you talked about the magnets for the Speedo I will order a new set for the Viper or 7000. I guess my question is what holds them in the shaft.

Thanks Cannondale, I read your post from when you changed yours over. I seen you talked about the magnets for the Speedo I will order a new set for the Viper or 7000. I guess my question is what holds them in the shaft.
You dont need new ones. They are just in a rubber plug in end of shaft. It pulls right out with your fingers. Dont remove the magnets from the rubber plug. Polarity matters for speedo. Also all the new Cat 800's run Introverts now so I would recommend getting a shaft from a 2019 Cat 800 in hopes that improvements to the bearing surface size were made.

Back