• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is a boosted Phazer the way to go ?

SUPERM

Looking to replace the 700 MM Bought a 07 Apex Mt took it out twice and it,s just not working for the type of riding I do boondocking in the trees. Thinking maybe a phazer with supercharger and 151 track. Drove a Nytro was better than Apex but still a little heavy feeling. Would I be happy with a Phazer?

Phazer and boost don't get along for very long , the little motor can not take it. The Ape needs some serious lightweight mods to do that riding.

This does the trick easier to handle than the 2010 Nytro MTX

Attachments

• IMG_1911.jpg
    IMG_1911.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 58
Was only thinking of running on pump gas with 5-6 lbs boost they wont even hold up to that ? Dont need that much power ,just over the 100 horse mark.

true the phazers 12.5:1 comp wont let it take much boost but of your mechanically inclined or have extra money hurricane performance can get you rods an dlow comp. pistons i think that at 9.5:1 the engine will hold up with the right timing on pump gas hopefully gonna have the funds to give it a try next season.

theres no comparision for price , to getting the perfect sled . i would take the phazer over a nytro or apex , handles well and is small and flickable , add 151 challenger plus nitrous . ive added the challenger , and got nitrous in the works , 40 hp shot :Rockon:

for you

are you selling your apex or what cause might buy it anyways you should go two smoke because it's lighter and has power if i were you i would go for a m1000 153 or a m8 153 and if it dose'nt have hp for you put a turbo

I agree with ak i would go for the 2010 nytro mtx se. It will end up costing you more to build the phazer then to buy a nytro and then what. You pretty much have pushed the little guy to the limit, where as you can always add boost to the nytro at a later date. I love the feel of my tphazer and it is a fun little ride, but the only reason i went this route is because i bought the sled one year paid it off and then turbo'd it later on. Keeps up with the stocker 2strokes. I guess the very best advice i can give you is to try and get some seat time on either a mpi supercharged or mcxpress turbo'd phazer or even a stocker just so you can get a feel for it.
Unless your truely brand loyal you could always try out a m8 as they seem to feel very flickable compared to the xp's, dont known if i would want to chance the polaris 800.
I guess one thing i didnt really address is the fact that you have the apex already, if your gonna take a loss reselling then you may be better off to mod it to take away the heavy feeling from it.
Hopefully some of this will help, have to many ppl changing to the phazer and then getting disapointed, it is what it is nothing more and nothing less.

ive never been dissapointed with my phazer just frustrated at times. the type of riding i do an extra 80 or 100hp would make a big difference, most of the time the 4stroke torque makes up for what i was used to. i bought the phazer on the rider forward feeling alone and did not worry about the power......im going to boost mine. but i was diehard arctic cat and when the time came to replace my zr i asked the dealer if cat made anything rider forward and they said no and i walked out and bought a yamaha a few weeks later i love the way this sled handles but needs more power most of the time its all in personal preference

Back