• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is it just me or??

Your post might have more merit once the production models are released and everyone can see for themselves. Until then you're just trolling.

Again I have to write. These are one off sleds meant to be test ridden not picked apart because a panel has a little gap or someone isn't happy with the hood fasteners. Wait till the production sleds get to the show room before you pass judgement. If there are real gripes like it darted or wouldn't hook up that would be worth our time. Maybe I'm catagorized in that handful of viper defenders, that's fine by me.

bull said:
The fit and finish on these new viper is horrible. That sled doesn't deserve to be call a Yamaha :bling

Have you seen a phazer, or venture mp? Its probably the worst in the industry! Dont get me wrong yamaha usually has good fit and finish but not on all models. Its safe to say the viper is better than the phazers.

Arctic cat chassis have always used cheap plastics, alignment, and overall poor quality materials.

If you compare the Pro cross chassis next to a Ski-doo REV XP chassis. The difference is night and day.

The Cat plastics aren't trimmed very nicely, the handlbar switches and gauge clusters look like they came off a 7 year olds kid toy.

The Ski-doo has much better plastics, seat covering, the gauge cluster is beautiful fitted into the bezel, etc.

I could honestly not find anything wrong with the fit and finish on the viper I got to ride.

Every one were hand built pieces and every one are different. They have been beat to **** and tbh I'm amazed they are all in one piece. These things will all be addressed on production units. Yamaha has their standards and they will want these up to those standards when they get to the show room.

I like a nice looking sled like anyone.But it is a relief when the sled is old enough to just not worry about some of the cosmetic issues.See a trail with brush to tight to go through.Run it through.Roll it.Everything still functional keep riding.Heck dont want to spend time and $ getting factory pushpins and such Zipties work great.I am more concerned with the functionality.

When I looked at one in person the only part that seemed odd was where the seat met the backside of the front bodywork. Other than that I was pleasantly surprised and the sled had 850 miles on it.

Yesterday I jumped a 4 lane road about 25 feet in the air and looked down and said "man these panels fit nice, I can't believe how well the fit and finish is on this thing" ......lol.....

I have owned three Yamahas, an Apex, Nytro and Phazer. In my opinion the fit and finish goes down on every lower model. The apex by far is the best quality fit and finish wise with an awesome gauge. Then the Nytro is a step down from this with a mediocre gauge. Just to save a little money they put the handwarmer and thumbwarmer on the same switch. Then from there is the phazer. If the Viper falls into the nytro category I think I would be happy if not elated. Like posted before the phazer is nothing great at all, ie the rubber strip on the side. Uggh!! I understand that these sleds are at different price points, but you think the fit and finish would be the same??? :Rockon:

I understand its juste prototype but I was going there with the intention of snowcheck one. But I couldn't pull trigger after I seen them. The have a nice look but the finish, is so so and the color match from the side panel and the hood is not there. But I like the driving position the suspension and the look. Any how I am not here to please anyone, I just let let you how I felt.

I didn't see any issues I guess. Nothing any worse then my production Nytro and this is technically still a prototype we are demoing. Didnt look too bad for a machine with 2500 miles on it.I for one am happy to be getting away from those stupid push rivet fasteners. What a joke. Hated the Dzus fasteners at first but got used to them and actually like them now. They will be fine

Back