• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is it just me or??

bull said:
I understand its juste prototype but I was going there with the intention of snowcheck one. But I couldn't pull trigger after I seen them. The have a nice look but the finish, is so so and the color match from the side panel and the hood is not there. But I like the driving position the suspension and the look. Any how I am not here to please anyone, I just let let you how I felt.

If its the fitment of a prototype plastics that keep you from buying one you werent really interested in the first place. Remember these are protos that will still be touched up before delivery as far as some little changes here and there. I cant see a set of plastics that actually fit quite well holding me back from buying an amazing machine. Handling, function, form, bump performance is all far superior that what we have ever had before and people are still criticising it. Its actually funny to me, and some have yet to see or even ride these things and all they are doing is bashing. Take the blinders off people, accept change and be happy with it, because honeslty is is a better ride in all aspects of a snowmobile. Its lighter, better ergos, better suspension, better track length options, looks updated and not ancient like a nytro or apex, and people are actually excited to get back on a yamaha, which has been a long time. Nothing against a apex or nytro but lets be realistic, they were behind when they came out and took a lot of money to be a descent handling sled. I guess I just cant understand why people arent excited about this, its something new and improved but never good enough for the next guy. It honestly feels like im in the arctic cat forums, a few people here and there are happy but for the most part all I read is people whining. I feel if this was a all new model release and wasnt a cat branded chassis before people would be tripping over themselves to ride or buy one. However it holds that previous name therefore people will continue to judge which is fine, I cant wait to ride mine all next winter and smile all the way to the bank :Rockon:

HYFLYR said:
bull said:
I understand its juste prototype but I was going there with the intention of snowcheck one. But I couldn't pull trigger after I seen them. The have a nice look but the finish, is so so and the color match from the side panel and the hood is not there. But I like the driving position the suspension and the look. Any how I am not here to please anyone, I just let let you how I felt.

If its the fitment of a prototype plastics that keep you from buying one you werent really interested in the first place. Remember these are protos that will still be touched up before delivery as far as some little changes here and there. I cant see a set of plastics that actually fit quite well holding me back from buying an amazing machine. Handling, function, form, bump performance is all far superior that what we have ever had before and people are still criticising it. Its actually funny to me, and some have yet to see or even ride these things and all they are doing is bashing. Take the blinders off people, accept change and be happy with it, because honeslty is is a better ride in all aspects of a snowmobile. Its lighter, better ergos, better suspension, better track length options, looks updated and not ancient like a nytro or apex, and people are actually excited to get back on a yamaha, which has been a long time. Nothing against a apex or nytro but lets be realistic, they were behind when they came out and took a lot of money to be a descent handling sled. I guess I just cant understand why people arent excited about this, its something new and improved but never good enough for the next guy. It honestly feels like im in the arctic cat forums, a few people here and there are happy but for the most part all I read is people whining. I feel if this was a all new model release and wasnt a cat branded chassis before people would be tripping over themselves to ride or buy one. However it holds that previous name therefore people will continue to judge which is fine, I cant wait to ride mine all next winter and smile all the way to the bank :Rockon:

X2!!!!!!!!! :sled1: :sled2: ;)!

yamahahaapex said:
yamahas said:
I could honestly not find anything wrong with the fit and finish on the viper I got to ride.

x2

What is the big thing about fit and finish....that's not all there is to a sled there is more...I thought it looked very nice and going to really enjoy ridding it next year ;)!

Cory S said:
Arctic cat chassis have always used cheap plastics, alignment, and overall poor quality materials.

If you compare the Pro cross chassis next to a Ski-doo REV XP chassis. The difference is night and day.

The Cat plastics aren't trimmed very nicely, the handlbar switches and gauge clusters look like they came off a 7 year olds kid toy.

The Ski-doo has much better plastics, seat covering, the gauge cluster is beautiful fitted into the bezel, etc.
I totally agree. I also agree with the guys that say so what to the quality when you are riding the sled. Those guys may keep their sleds in their trailers during the off season. I don't, my sled (whatever it is at that time) is always prominantly displayed in my shop. I always have buddies commenting during the off season.

My sled is in my shop but it has a cover on it...besides my truck gets all the attention ...once they see that they don't care about the sleds....lol.....
Straight axle Chevy 2500 hd with 16" lift :bling

09nytro said:
My sled is in my shop but it has a cover on it...besides my truck gets all the attention ...once they see that they don't care about the sleds....lol.....
Straight axle Chevy 2500 hd with 16" lift :bling
You got me there, the car in my avatar does get the most attention.......

I have to say that today when busting out a technical tree climb on my Viper with Suzuki engine I was thinking "damn, there's a sharp edge on that there side panel...hope the rest of the guys don't notice it." Fit and finish is nice, I guess but only when it's sitting on the garage floor. Strange reason not to buy a sled and even stranger reason to not "deserve" to be called a Yamaha! Ever sit on a Phazer?

Suckur said:
I have to say that today when busting out a technical tree climb on my Viper with Suzuki engine I was thinking "damn, there's a sharp edge on that there side panel...hope the rest of the guys don't notice it." Fit and finish is nice, I guess but only when it's sitting on the garage floor. Strange reason not to buy a sled and even stranger reason to not "deserve" to be called a Yamaha! Ever sit on a Phazer?

Well if you like what you saw be my guest. I hope that Yam have good success with these sled, i'am a die hard fan of Yamaha. Best yamaha chassis out there no dought. May be in the Snow Bizz. I'll wait for a true blood Yamaha. it had nothing to do because its built in the US, I have a ford fusion 2010 and nothing to complain about. By the way as I try to justify myself they are testing a triple 1300 CC :4STroke: :rules

HYFLYR said:
bull said:

The five year old engine in a three year old chassis being light years better than anything Yam could bring to the table speaks volumes in my books. Maybe it's just me, but I always took pride in doing my own homework. I never had to pay my classmate to copy theirs. ;)!

I do think you are correct in saying that it will likely be the best sled with Yamaha stickers on the snow. I would be considering a Viper over anything other Yam offering if I wasn't wanting a mountain sled.

Yammerhead said:
HYFLYR said:
bull said:

The five year old engine in a three year old chassis being light years better than anything Yam could bring to the table speaks volumes in my books. Maybe it's just me, but I always took pride in doing my own homework. I never had to pay my classmate to copy theirs. ;)!

I do think you are correct in saying that it will likely be the best sled with Yamaha stickers on the snow
. I would be considering a Viper over anything other Yam offering if I wasn't wanting a mountain sled.

That's a fact

Guys I tend bar on the weekends.....I have never heard this:
"Yeah...yours is faster and rides better...but mine has better fit and finish".....if some moron ever said that...first I'd laugh...then I'd have to slap him...lol

Heritage said:
"Yeah...yours is faster and rides better...but mine has better fit and finish".....if some moron ever said that...first I'd laugh...then I'd have to slap him...lol

Check and mate! Great post!

Heritage said:

Love this! Boy that fit and finish sure got me through that twisty section fast!!! LOL :tg:

Back