• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is your bike ready yet!

Had mine out some...

Here's mine. Im almost done wasting money on it...

100_2050.jpg
[/img]

Jeffz said:
I need to get mine out of the garage an put all the stock parts back on. Gonna sell it and buy a "new" '09 Suzuki DRZ400SM. Here's an older pic of my '78 SR500.

sr2.jpg

That is a sweet looking SR500! Are you selling that bike? G.B.

Jeffz said:
I need to get mine out of the garage an put all the stock parts back on. Gonna sell it and buy a "new" '09 Suzuki DRZ400SM. Here's an older pic of my '78 SR500.

sr2.jpg

I think I had the dirt bike version of that bike. A DT500 Yamaha I think it was. Love that one lunger!

dt's where usually 2 stroke. the xt and tt where the 4 stoke versions of it. still an awsome bike. wish they made them like that now.

The SR500 is the street version of the XT/TT. They imported them until 81 or 82 then kept making them in a carbed version until 2010 (i think) when they switched to a FI system. Same bike basically. Yes they've made this bike for over 30 years. And I do plan on selling it. It's waiting for a rebuild because the base gasket is leaking and the previous owners decided to weld the sprocket to the countershaft! All the parts are sitting there, waiting for me to get ambitious.

Here is a picture of my '81 SR500 when I bought it. It's torn down and the frame has been cleaned up and re-painted. I have the top end off of this one, with plans for an over-bore and bigger cam and carb. The wheels on this one are now on the black bike. I should get some current pictures since it looks a lot better.

RedTracker.jpg

Back