• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Issue with my viper skid

My xtx le with 2.25 power claw does the same thing , I'm gonna try going tighter on the tensiontension

Our XTX (both one ha 2.6 powerclaw) with the stiffer spring show only light scratches. Might look at getting rid of the 110 pound front skid shock spring.

I took a second look and my skid is showing this same wear, I am going to try the 160lb spring Stingray is running and see if that helps. Is the Arctic Cat spring the best option Stingray?

I'm having the same problem, just lightly scrapping the front loops of the skid. But after being in some bumpy trail I found that the skid had to much rebound and it would try to bump me off the sled. But yet sometimes I would bottom out the skid. So I adjusted the center shock down (Half way) and add some pressure to my shock (120 PSI). Is this going to do more damage to the skid?

I took a second look and my skid is showing this same wear, I am going to try the 160lb spring Stingray is running and see if that helps. Is the Arctic Cat spring the best option Stingray?
Im running the AC 2704-229 its a 160# with good luck. It will definatley help out with both bottoming and the rubbing

My dealer said mine was doing this from loading my sled on my sled deck. Needless to say my sled wasn't there much longer.

both of our vipers do that also, dealer has pics of ours also, we also blew our antistab wheels apart already too, keep an eye on yours too..

I used the ZBROS spring but imagine any will do.

I also noticed this problem on my sled while cleaning it this weekend. I will be taking mine back to the dealer as I sent them pics and they had no idea why that would happen but now we have an idea.

Attachments

• IMG_20150308_181232975_HDR - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20150308_181232975_HDR - Copy.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_20150308_181226048 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20150308_181226048 - Copy.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 379
I see the 2016 CAT M-series have raised the height of the rail where the front arm attaches to the skid just like the 15' Viper MTX is so I'm surprised that there is no updated front arm yet or solution to this problem. I know when I'm riding and I hit the brakes hard it feels awful you can feel the track just grinding away on that front arm

I see the 2016 CAT M-series have raised the height of the rail where the front arm attaches to the skid just like the 15' Viper MTX is so I'm surprised that there is no updated front arm yet or solution to this problem. I know when I'm riding and I hit the brakes hard it feels awful you can feel the track just grinding away on that front arm

Even after the new skid shock spring? I ask because mine does not hit.

Even after the new skid shock spring? I ask because mine does not hit.
Yes mine does even running the track tighter than spec and the 160lb spring. I under stand yours doesn't because you are running iceage rails (Apples to oranges) on rail profile

Yes mine does even running the track tighter than spec and the 160lb spring. I under stand yours doesn't because you are running iceage rails (Apples to oranges) on rail profile

Our red Viper has stock XTX rails with track extensions to a 153 and does not do it either. Something with the MTX rails?

Back