• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

It’s finally over for Yamaha

Who I really feel for are our Dealers. I’ve been a loyal customer of a great dealer, Meyers in Ishpeming for 21+ years, bought multiple sleds, SXS’s, trailers, accessories and virtually all of my service and warranty needs. They are a single liner, only carry Yamaha, this will be very tough on them, especially during the winter. The Marquette area already has established Ski-Doo, Lynx, Polaris and Cat dealers. No where to turn.

Who I really feel for are our Dealers. I’ve been a loyal customer of a great dealer, Meyers in Ishpeming for 21+ years, bought multiple sleds, SXS’s, trailers, accessories and virtually all of my service and warranty needs. They are a single liner, only carry Yamaha, this will be very tough on them, especially during the winter. The Marquette area already has established Ski-Doo, Lynx, Polaris and Cat dealers. No where to turn.
Rented a Vector from them many years ago - rode it all the way to hancock and lake of the clouds and back in a day. They'll be fine; they sell hundreds of golf carts a year.

Is this going to drive up the Used Sidewinder Prices? Thanks to this site! I am not afraid of their Cat DNA. And now that I am older. Almost 64. Would love to King Air one. With Power Steering of course!

Judging by sales, I would say the interest is there. Now it comes down to execution. If they have as many problems with this new chassis as they had in 2012 then there may be trouble.
On the other hand, people still buy Polaris sleds, and they have a bunch of problems.
I recently met A young Polaris Technician. At Sonju Two Harbors. I kept him late recovering a Hardrive in their Automotive Alignment Computer. It was Friday evening. And I was 175 miles from home. I had no interest in working there Saturday. Any way as we were locking up the Dealership. I pepper him with questions about my first ATV I had just acquired used thanks to Covid lucky to get it. Polaris Sportsman 850. I bought it to plow my driveway. At my new home 117 miles further north thanks to Covid again. I could not be happier with my location. Except for the being gone all week. I knew what I signed up for when I bought it. Anyway I told this young man If I had it to do over again I would have bought A Yamaha ATV! He said well you bought a good used ATV. And you stole it from the used car dealer! But I am a Polaris Tech. And I ride a Yamaha Sled! That ought to tell you something! P.S How do I change my Location from Deerwood to Bemidji? It has been 1 1/2 years since I lived in Deerwood. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
P.S How do I change my Location from Deerwood to Bemidji? It has been 1 1/2 years since I lived in Deerwood. Thanks for looking.
Click on your name in the top right. Click Account Details. Scroll down to Location.Change it. Keep scrolling down. Click Save. Done,

You all think I'm crazy? But, I could see a scenario in a few years where yamaha announces "Re-entering the snowmobile market with the all new, all yamaha sled"
Not going to happen. It's done folks.

You all think I'm crazy? But, I could see a scenario in a few years where yamaha announces "Re-entering the snowmobile market with the all new, all yamaha sled"
Pipe dream....just like a all new triple 2 stroke

I actually enjoyed the relatively candid discussion between Luke and AJ. Especially where they admitted that the SRX is the fastest sled on the market. :)

I actually enjoyed the relatively candid discussion between Luke and AJ. Especially where they admitted that the SRX is the fastest sled on the market. :)
Still tough to watch

Back