• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

it happened to me

thnx Kkraus thats nuts thank god for insurance. But im curious as to whats gonna start happeing after its good and broke in and i start ditchbangin all the time whats gonna break next.

Yamaha I am sure will fix this someday as they really took care of the W arm problem with the pro action, wheels on the 06 and newer sleds, loose front ends on apex and rx1 and everyone knows that yamaha sleds were cured of their slide burning issues long ago . im sure they will fix it

Not like the Old Ones!

I have been riding blue for some time now. I've fluctuated between 230 and 275lbs and have been running these machines hard since my v-max days with out a problem. At 6'4 I thrash these things. I pushed my FX hard last year with no issues but the ball joints. I did notice the front bumper was butter though. I have to be honets though my 2005 RX 1 has been tough hell and back and still makes me smile. Jury is still out on the FX.

hate to flog a dead horse but if i can see absolutly no bent or tweaked from clip members could the subframe be the bent and would the subframe being bent pull the lower A Arm back

NyTrOMaNIaC said:
kkraus said:
I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I Had the same thing happen to me, 25 miles on new XTX riding around neighbors field, hit a 4x4 landscape timber at an angle going about 10 MPH, small jar but nothing major, hand never even came off bar. looked at left side suspension it was pushed back 2 inches. took to dealer $1100.00 estimate. Great quality YAMAHA! I have been bleeding blue since I bought my first 1980 SRX when I was 15! Now I am starting to have my doubts. I wonder what will happen if I hit a washout on a RR bed doing 80? I suppose the skis will blow right off! So far not very impessed!
Don't even get me started on the handwarmers!

I knew that was going to happend. Thats why I stayed away from Yamaha for 2009. Not getting burned twice. I saw the picts of the new subframe it beefed up down low but not where the upper A-arms bolt on. Thats where my 08 bent. Oh and I bent mine going at 15kms an hour.

NB-NYTRO said:
NyTrOMaNIaC said:
kkraus said:
I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I Had the same thing happen to me, 25 miles on new XTX riding around neighbors field, hit a 4x4 landscape timber at an angle going about 10 MPH, small jar but nothing major, hand never even came off bar. looked at left side suspension it was pushed back 2 inches. took to dealer $1100.00 estimate. Great quality YAMAHA! I have been bleeding blue since I bought my first 1980 SRX when I was 15! Now I am starting to have my doubts. I wonder what will happen if I hit a washout on a RR bed doing 80? I suppose the skis will blow right off! So far not very impessed!
Don't even get me started on the handwarmers!

I knew that was going to happend. Thats why I stayed away from Yamaha for 2009. Not getting burned twice. I saw the picts of the new subframe it beefed up down low but not where the upper A-arms bolt on. Thats where my 08 bent. Oh and I bent mine going at 15kms an hour.

Can't be....this must be internet chatter

My Crystal Ball says its sees me on and 800 144 rmk Shift next year if this isnt fixed............. I should if i have to pay for this im gonna be so pissed at yamaha simply because we are getting a blizzard righ tnow probly 3.5 feet of snow on the GROUND AND I CANT RIDE

I also bent my sub frame by riding over a burried log on a trail at very low speed. I'm talking 15 - 20 km/h tops around a corner. I was not going fast at all because that sled out of the box couldn't rail a corner for sh#$! I just installed the new 09 sub frame, I have one ride on it and with all the mods it works amazing. I've eliminated all the darting, the shocks have all been revalved and it works amazing, it can rail a corner way better than before. (Pilot 5.7 skis, upper ball joint mod and Ulmer's coupling blocks). BUT, if this problem continues with the 09 sub frame, the sled is gone and I am done with Yamaha for good. They did nothing to compensate us '08 owners to fix their own defects. They defended themselves by calling this sled a ditch banger and yet as soon as you ride over a little bump in the ground you have to shell out $1,000 for a new frame or A-Arms. How the hell are you supposed to go out and ride ditches and jumps with sled that breaks so easily. That is total B.S. IMO. Also, how the hell do you put out a snow machine that is ridden in cold weather without properly functioning handwarmers. I know some of you guys think that is a minor problem, but not when you spend this kind of money a machine that is designed to be ridden in cold weather. It also blows belts quickly, some are even having problems getting it started. This sled is not even a year old yet, how the hell can they justify these problems.

I don't know much about the XP's as of yet, however as much as I hate to do so, I am going to start researching it because if this crap keeps up, I see know other option but to jump ship.

Arnold08 said:
My Crystal Ball says its sees me on and 800 144 rmk Shift next year if this isnt fixed............. I should if i have to pay for this im gonna be so pissed at yamaha simply because we are getting a blizzard righ tnow probly 3.5 feet of snow on the GROUND AND I CANT RIDE

DITTO,AND I BLEED BLUE.

RZ 918 my dealer says they have the same problem wiht the XPs because of the way the almunium is cast. GO with Polaris!!!!! And your right im a 19 years old and ride hard but i paid 9000 dollars for this sled and its supposed to be able to hold up to a beating.. I could go out and buy a 600 shft 144 for 7800 and thats a 2009!!!!!! this is rediculous

rz918 said:
I also bent my sub frame by riding over a burried log on a trail at very low speed. I'm talking 15 - 20 km/h tops around a corner. I was not going fast at all because that sled out of the box couldn't rail a corner for sh#$! I just installed the new 09 sub frame, I have one ride on it and with all the mods it works amazing. I've eliminated all the darting, the shocks have all been revalved and it works amazing, it can rail a corner way better than before. (Pilot 5.7 skis, upper ball joint mod and Ulmer's coupling blocks). BUT, if this problem continues with the 09 sub frame, the sled is gone and I am done with Yamaha for good. They did nothing to compensate us '08 owners to fix their own defects. They defended themselves by calling this sled a ditch banger and yet as soon as you ride over a little bump in the ground you have to shell out $1,000 for a new frame or A-Arms. How the hell are you supposed to go out and ride ditches and jumps with sled that breaks so easily. That is total B.S. IMO. Also, how the hell do you put out a snow machine that is ridden in cold weather without properly functioning handwarmers. I know some of you guys think that is a minor problem, but not when you spend this kind of money a machine that is designed to be ridden in cold weather. It also blows belts quickly, some are even having problems getting it started. This sled is not even a year old yet, how the hell can they justify these problems.

I don't know much about the XP's as of yet, however as much as I hate to do so, I am going to start researching it because if this crap keeps up, I see know other option but to jump ship.

I think you just summed up exactly how i feel. Its hard to enjoy trail riding knowing that if I clip something I'm in for some down time. I switched to yamaha hoping I wouldn't have to worry about things going wrong all the time, they have always had the best quality in the industry IMO. The motor is the only thing on this sled i'm still confident in. I love the motor but am stuck feeling like I made the 4stroke jump too early. In a few years yamaha is going to have it dialed...just not quite yet.

I would advise you to stay far far away from the xp chassis...think u have problems with your Nytro wait till you get an xp. Sure they are really light but everything on them is junk.

Anyone notice the Polaris and Cats arent havin problems like this???? Im sorry i realize this is like my 10th post on this topic but i am just livid about this issue.

Man, I don't like the sound of this!! I also did a lot of research before I bought my XTX. I hope what you guys are reporting is not the norm.

I figured my old Cat would be collecting dust this year. I still hope she does, but at least I got a sled as a back up that has given me years of great service.

Here's hoping that my Yammie does the same.

RR

The Nytro may have it's issues, but the XP is far from perfect. They're still burning belts, defective handwarmers, bent nuns, defective gauges, ect. ect. I've beat the piss out of my Nytro and haven't had any issues but if I did switch sleds it would be to get an Assault or M series. Polaris and AC both seem to have really good sleds(lightweight AND strong)

I agree. I think Polaris and Arctic Cat have more durable chassis.

In my eyes its all give and take. Go with Polaris, you get a strong chassis but their motors are questionable and they seem to have more than their fair share of tuning and runnabilty issues.

Doo has the lightest weight but their motors are junk. I've seen the belt issues 1st hand and the chassis still have the bent nun issue like the Rev.

Quite a few guys in my town have switched from Doo and Pol to Cat for mountain sleds. I think it mostly has to do with price since Doo is the most expensive and the Polaris quality seems to be non-existent.

Unfortunately, no matter what brand we ride, we're still going to have problems.

Back