• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

J&T Big Wheel Kit - trail repair question

burlyviper

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder LTX LE, blue
2011 Apex 128, Ulmer Airbox and clutch kit, PCV, HID
1980 Exciter 300
I have a JT big wheel kit on my 2018 SW LTX LE. Currently in UP with 2 more days of riding left. Today I lost an outside wheel. Is there a temporary fix I can do to finish this trip? Use a bolt and washer and tighten against the rail?

Attachments

• A9ACF42D-CBC6-4035-80E3-F3463655DE09.jpeg
    A9ACF42D-CBC6-4035-80E3-F3463655DE09.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 83

Bolt and washer should work fine assuming you still have both middle wheels left. Many models are / have been delivered right from the factory with only the two inner wheels. You just need to get something in there to tighten the axle against the rail on your right side. I wouldn't be riding it much if at all until this was in place.

With 3 wheels intact, a bolt and large washer will work, as long as hole has threads left in it.

Thanks. Will try to fix in the am. Local hardware store opens at 9. :)

This happened to me as well. Lost the wheel and spacer and bolt. Went to the hardware store and bought a bolt and washer. I think I took the wheel off the other side when that happened. I didn’t want to look out of place. If someone knows where I can get another spacer and wheel for my Rtx that would be great This was a Yamaha ad on Kit.

Last edited:
Went out this am to assess everything once it thawed overnight. Unfortunately the bolt sheared off. So, didn’t mess with it. Will need to bring a drill and extractor on my next trip.

That happened to me last year I rode it two more days and 500 miles back to the truck with no troubles.

I really like the design of this kit. I've had it 6 seasons, no issues and the bearings are still good! And I wasn't stranded on the trail when the wheel came off. I talked to the vendor on Tuesday and I have my replacement parts a day later!! Great guy to work with.

Back