• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

JOINED THE BENT SUBFRAME CREW! (ride review too)

LSXM3

Expert
:o| :o| :o| I kept telling myself it will never happen....well It happened.

So to all you sponsors/venders/repair companies out there tell me why i should use your subframe instead of the POS stock one!

On a side note the new Zbroz A arm kit makes this thing handle better than my buddies pro-r...I have never been able to attack the corners the way I did this weekend :die my god this thing is like it should have been from the factory i actually had to slow down so my buddies could keep up through the twisty's

The undertunnel exhaust is a must and prevented 90% of the ice build up issues, just need to figure out how to prevent it on the last 8-12" of the tunnel.

Hyfax wear with the excell wheel kit is excellent (or should i say lack there of wear) i put on 200 miles this weekend on some marginal and some great trails and they still look new! :-o

over all I am very pleased with the new to me sled and cant wait to get more miles on it this year bent subframe or not!

Bent mine yesterday too.

So, when everyone was swapping out parts from '08 to '09 back in '09, some dealers said no to doing this work for free...while others did it all at no cost. I haven't kept up on the issue. Does Yamaha cover any of the costs thru "good will"? Anyone know the straight scoop on this?
Thanks!

That sucks man...I know how you feel.
Since you seem pretty handy with a welder, pull off that subframe, straighten it out, and weld in some gussets and/or plates to beef it up. Mine has held up well after bending it 3 years ago.

How does that Magnaflow muffler sound out on the trails?

i see i wasnt the only one with carnage this weekend.
i thought i tweaked mine too but my dealer tought me a sweet trick. in between the a-arms where the big round hole is, if that plate is flat, the subframe is fine, its the a-arms, however if that plate is pucked, twisted or dented you bent it. he said the new ones are a lot stronger then old ones and you gotta really hit something to bend em.
Now i dont normally believe anything a dealership tells me but this guy is really good. he owns the dealership and is the sole mechanic. one of the few dealers i ever met who is there to get you back out riding, not sell you every ware he has.

I bent my 08 frame last year, got a new one and put grizztracks gusset kit on it. Its amazing how much more they added plates to the new frame compared to the 08 frame. I got my frame from Yamahaparts.com. cheapest place I found yet. Also could call ulmer racing, he said he has guesset plates too. And skinz has a frame gusset kit too. That would be your best bet other then bending the one u have back close.

What did you hit?

Well my 5 year son was riding with and we where going about 10 mph and he decided to grab the left handle bar and put me into the toolies, whatever was below the snow stopped us dead.... needless to say i was a bit PO'd but hey it was his first time riding with dad and i didnt give him a complete set of instructions on do's and don'ts.

I tryed to bend it straight tonigh with a 5' board to no avail so its just gonna have to be that way for now!

Grimm, the Magnaflow sounds amazing ill post a video when i get a chance as its on the Wifey's phone but im very happy with the sound. I did manage to bend the tip on it some how as well....not sure how that happened but oh well doesnt affect it in anyway

Groomer, It is definatly the subframe as the Zbroz A arms are the toughest arms i have ever seen, and they are straight...the wierd part is the front of the subframe is what bent not the rear, i took it all apart tonight and its clear as ice where it is bent.

i bought grizztracks frame gussets. they fit great and seem to add a lot of strength

Back