• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jumping Ship

Just watch out Josh, 78.9 gigawatts on pump gas will take you to canada to race MCX sleds....Not sure you want to go there. The cross dressing mounties my not like the cats up there!!!!
:)

DooAssassin said:
haha 505hp out of a stock head and motor, thats one of those speculated hp estimates again. Besides you are warping the whole topic so you can come out on top by bringing these lab test dynos on rocket fuel that costs 5$ a L.
We are talking about pump gas, how many times do I need to tell you. I dont care how long you have been in the turbo game, it dosint make your statments more reputable than the others. The same goes with me and every other person .This is not a communism fourm. Thats why we use references not comments. Im trying my best to use references you just use comments.
I guess it dosint matter how many times I show you that a apex produces more hp on pump than a cat. I give up.
BTW RXI you are right about the youtube vid.

Re-read AJ's post.... stock motor with head mods.

You yankies dont ride like us. Your trail riding consist of getting the sled off the trailer and down to the lake OR a loop that you can make a round trip of on race fuel or meth.
Just Buggin lol
geting you back for the mounties stab.

Truthfully, that Z1 Josh has didn't get that much race fuel in it. Maybe 10 gallons of Q-16. I put on 1100 miles in what really was 7 weeks of riding. Had a bad year last season, couldn't get up to NY as much as I wanted. The meth system WORKS on that Z1. I did something like 600 miles of trail riding in 3 days in NY....those that know NY know thats crazy riding. She was set at 32lbs boost the whole time. And it wasn't the tight twisty never in the throttle trails.

I am talking 100+ down lakes, RR beds, normal trails and roads. That sled is sick in what its capable of. Sad I sold it, but really needed to concentrate on family riding and less racing for a few more years. Josh got a great deal, I got what I needed out of it. Then I went and Won a new sled at our Snodeo raffle. So this year is turning out good!!!! A little "Winning" on the internet, some ball breaking. Thats why I love this sport!!!

And the mounties are an easy target. Either that or I can make fun of the Bugs Bunny money with the Loonies....not sure At least your not a Quebec'r!!!!....LOL...(no offense meant to the Quebec'rs, but every ontario person I met hates'em)

I am heading out to dinner with the wife, you all have a good new year. Drink a bottle for me!!

rx1 fern said:
that is true ,i sure spend alot of time on my sled setting it up.ajay i am waiting on my 4 tube header from powderlites to show up so i can put my sled back together.we have lots of snow but cant ride and that sucks waiting for parts to arrive .i still like my yamaha rx1 even though it is getting old it is still mint.

Fern, stop messing around, call impulse and get his mid mount header and fuel tank. Might have to get a creative story for the wife like I always did when the parts were showing up....

I was looking to go that route with my yamaha. That and straight 3" exhaust out the back, nice big supertrapp hanging. Now your talking crazy spool up, no restriction, all while maintaining 10 gallons a fuel. Just have to get fancy with the charge tubes. Plus don't have to deal with the crack headers the front mounts seem to alway have!!!

ajay ,might have to do that next year .i thought of that idea about the impulse set up ,but i still like to trail ride my sled and dont want to go any smaller on the gas tank then what i have now.lets hope this new header last as long as the old one i have now.the old one is still good but i want to go to a new 4 tube for this winter.didnt it make a difference on your apex .happy new year to you and your family

I want to see yamaha step it up before I buy blue again. I hate the nytro, the apex/attak is nice but way to heavy. A nytro with the apex motor, and bigger foot wells(more like ski doo seating) with power steering....I would be dropping some cash then!!

aja636 said:
I want to see yamaha step it up before I buy blue again. I hate the nytro, the apex/attak is nice but way to heavy. A nytro with the apex motor, and bigger foot wells(more like ski doo seating) with power steering....I would be dropping some cash then!!

So what you're saying is that you "hate" the Nytro engine?......not necessarily the chassis concept?

Roest said:
aja636 said:

So what you're saying is that you "hate" the Nytro engine?......not necessarily the chassis concept?

Engine is fine, just hate the way you sit on them, and the steering is funky. I love the apex engine.

aja636 said:
Roest said:
aja636 said:

Engine is fine, just hate the way you sit on them, and the steering is funky. I love the apex engine.

You're right, the 4 cylinders are nice. I thought the Nytro was an improvement over the RX/RS chassis as far as seating ergos was concerned. We don't use the seat much in mountain riding. It is more for having a place to sit when you're having lunch or taking a break. I agree with the steering. A steering relocate does help that a bunch though.

Back