• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Junk plaster

BCB racing

who out there has broken the plastic moulding that holds up the headlight/speedo, i like the sled but there are some things that i dislike , suspension is to weak, and the plastic is garbage

Not that this is a excuse but you think yamaha's is garbage have you taken a look at the new skidoo's. That stuff is 10 times thinner and cheaper.

Well obviously you hit something with it. Tree branch, someone sat on it, etc... It won't just break from normal use. Ask Nikolai or Yellowknife, heard no compliants about them and they probably have the most miles of anyone on this board.

That and Nikolai jumps his Nytro MTX like a salmon going upstream.

:Rockon: :yam:

my bud has almost 2000 miles on his nytro rtx and has not experianced any of the problems other have and he rides it hard.

this is a none bashing site as well and if you dont word your complaints correctly moderators will throw your thread in the "dog pile"

I'v rolled my sled many times and ran through the thickest of brush and my plastic looks great. The only way you're breaking that plastic is if you roll it on very hardpack snow or run into a tree.

That was my thought, just so everyone knows I wasn't bashing skidoo's in my post, I was just saying if the plastics on the Yamaha wouldn't hold up then the skidoo guys would be in trouble. I dont think you where talking to me apexrtxguy but just to clear that up anyways.

BCB racing said:
who out there has broken the plastic moulding that holds up the headlight/speedo, i like the sled but there are some things that i dislike , suspension is to weak, and the plastic is garbage

I agree with the other guys you had to hit something or bash into to it.

Do u know how to properly set up the suspension.That's the biggest complaint even on the nytro shorties.The ride awesome if you adjust them to your riding.

BCB racing,Please fill out your profile location,it's required by all members.Thank You

Do you guys trail ride only or what? I have 4 nytro mountains and 3 of them have broken mounts. And im not trying to diss the sled , its the best sled ive ever owned, its just a question.

You ARE hitting things then. Trust me, I have rolled my sled over on purpose many times to get unstuck and have rolled just as many while jumping. Nothing is cracked or broken after 1,038 miles.

Exactly how did they break? What did you hit? Your comment is BS without facts.

my MTX rolled twice on an ice packed climb and the only thing that broke was one of the the plastic windscreen screws. I was expecting a lot more damage.

I too have rolled my RTX on frozen ground w/ about 4" of light snow.
Damage:
Broken plastic windshield screws (that's a plus!! much cheaper than a windshield)
Left hand gaurd
Left Ski
Left side of tunnel bent up in the rear

Over all it took the end-over-end and 2 barrel rolls crash VERY well!!
When I saw it flipping down the trail I just knew it was going to be lots of damage and expensive wreck.

I was wrong! (yes I may have gotten lucky that time....)

Back