• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just bought 09' Phazer MTX

Pickard692

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2000 Srx 700 triple triple
Just bought a 2009 phazer mtx with 3000 miles and was his wife's sled, I've rode it around for five minutes on the little 3 inches of snow and in the ditches. I absolutely love it and it gets up and goes so much better than I ever thought. The steering is a tad loose and I'm wondering if anyone has had similar problems. The worst part? It has the stock 2 inch paddle! But he cut and inch off all the lugs . Makes me extremely mad because I'd like to ride deep snow with a bunch of buddys and occasional up trips. I already know for a 1.75-2" track I'm gonna have to cut one down and it kinda angers me. Is there anything I should know about this sled? How to gain more power, or any bolt ons? I'm definitely going to get a radiator guard because it worries me how wide open it is. Otherwise it's pretty clean. Maybe a wrap in the future? Will take pictures in the daylight tomorrow. Thank you!

A phazer xtx has the same rear skid. The 1.5" track off the xtx will fit, I have it on mine and sit seems to do well in the deeper stuff. If it doesn't have the float plate I would think about adding one.

Well in the previous owners defense, the stock 2" Maverick SUCKS. The lugs were so flexible about the only thing it was good in was really fluffy powder and was downright dangerous on anything resembling hard pack. I swapped mine to the 1.5" freeride after the first season an haven't looked back as it does everything else, besides DEEP FRESH powder, better. It's been out in the UP quite a few times and handle the windblown powder quite well out there. If your at a lower altitude your also going to want to swap a 18t or 19t gear in place of the stock 17t as you will run out of gearing quick. I seen 69gps with the stock 17T hitting the rev limiter.

The steering becomes loose in multiple places. The Phazers have a complicated steering system with more than average moving parts.

@UP bushman has a kit for fixing most of the steering slop and there are multiple writeups on how to get rid of the rest. Check in the FAQ

Robs parts to fix the steering on the Phazers is 2nd to none.

Back