• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just picked up my new '08 FX Nytro! w/pics

The rear coupler blocks are in a fixed position (non-adjustable). We will have adjustable coupling blocks with 3 different positions.

yamy07 said:
Any way you could put it on a scale? Very curious to see what actual weight came in at.

What do you think this is DooTalk? The weigh everything over there. The best part is they worry about a couple of lbs on their sleds but I'd bet most of them could lose a few lbs themselves. I know if I wanted My Apex to be lighter I could easily use to lose about 30 lbs myself and save Yamaha alot of R&D!

I watched my 446lb Phazer (pre-production#'s) become 489lbs, I hope the this didn't happen to the Nytro too! I'll be happily surprised to see it weigh in under 600lbs wet.

It seems like every year Yamaha is the worst at guessing their dry weights> Then all the sudden production models come out and surprise its plenty heavier. Who cares! Why play the weight game is what I dont understand. You make a great product and have plenty of supporters. No apologies is what I say!

Here are a bunch more pictures of the sled. I talked to my dealer and he said the reason my rear skid feels soft to me is that it doesn't couple in the same manner as my Vector. The running boards are way wider than the ones on my Vector and Zx 440. I compared the stiffness and they are all pretty similar. I think I was just being a bit paranoid before. My base model Nytro does not come with the 12 volt outlet. The skis appear to be exactly the same as the ones that came on my Vector. My dealer said the wet weight without gas is 513 lbs. The sled gives off some pretty noxious fumes when it is running (as I found out when I unloaded it) so I'm not too excited about running it again to get a sound clip. I had to air out my garage for quite a while! I actually though something caught on fire for a split second just because of the vapors rising up from under the seat from the exhaust system burning off whatever they put on it from the factory.

HPIM1745.jpg

HPIM1765.jpg

HPIM1764.jpg

HPIM1763.jpg

HPIM1761.jpg

HPIM1759.jpg

HPIM1758.jpg

HPIM1755.jpg

HPIM1753.jpg

HPIM1752.jpg

HPIM1749.jpg

HPIM1747.jpg

HPIM1762.jpg

HPIM1756.jpg

HPIM1746.jpg

HPIM1766.jpg

HPIM1744.jpg

jds1000 said:
yamy07 said:
Any way you could put it on a scale? Very curious to see what actual weight came in at.

What do you think this is DooTalk? The weigh everything over there. The best part is they worry about a couple of lbs on their sleds but I'd bet most of them could lose a few lbs themselves. I know if I wanted My Apex to be lighter I could easily use to lose about 30 lbs myself and save Yamaha alot of R&D!

Weight may not matter on trail sleds but I promise you, extra weight matters at 10,000 in 4 feet of fresh powder. I am more than interested in the production weight of my MTX but it will in no way change my enjoyment of the sled nor make me regret purchasing one. my .02

Congrats, now for the long wait.................... :o| :drink: LaLaLa
Personally I think that this chassis would look totally awesome with a tapered tunnel under it. (wonder why the boxed look ?) maybe strength?

Is that an old suzuki quadracer I spot in the background of one of the pics? If so that old unit should be traded in on a new YFZ 450 immediately. ;)!

Back