• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just replaced my DuPont hyfax

BIG BLACK WARRIOR

VIP Member
Had to replace my DuPont hyfax as they just wore out. I had 2,500 miles on them. Not sure what to make of only getting 2,500 miles, as I was expecting more, but the trail conditions last year and this year, was not a good as usual. I put back on the regular sliders this time, but may try the DuPont hyfax again in the future.

Dupont

Mine wore down fast but have stayed at about 12 mm for 3000km
I now have 6000km on these and think I might get 8000
Different conditions from both extremes
I was one of the first here to put them on last Jan
Only spot they wear is under last bogey wheel before rail turns up.
No wear anywhere else!
Best $140 ever

Re: Dupont

alsops said:
No wear anywhere else!
Best $140 ever

Are you running any extra wheels on the skid or just stock setup?

I have a set of the DuPonts sitting in the garage waiting for the install, have 1200 miles on my stockers and they still have a little life left before I make the change. Just want to know so I don't just burn away $140!!!

alsops said:
No wear anywhere else!
Best $140 ever

500 Miles on mine....ZERO WEAR; So Far and they saw the track buzz bye...lol

I'm pretty sure they are worth it by what I've seen so far compared to the old ones
:sled1:

Cherry08 said:
alsops said:
No wear anywhere else!
Best $140 ever

Are you running any extra wheels on the skid or just stock setup?

I have a set of the DuPonts sitting in the garage waiting for the install, have 1200 miles on my stockers and they still have a little life left before I make the change. Just want to know so I don't just burn away $140!!!

On your xtx the duponts will wear down fast under the last boggey wheel, just like Cherry08 says. This is because the vespel-material-inserts dont go all the way back, where there are inserts there is very little wear(until the inserts are gone, then it goes really fast)

Cherry08 said:

You probably will not have to cut yours to length either like we do on our 136's, yours should be full length. I could see it wearing right at the back of the tip section of rail. I think "Danylion" has them on his 144" Apex .....I remember Charlie saying something about them. Either way THEY ARE BETTER SLIDERS PERIOD.

Sorry you had to take off so fast, was looking forward too chatting with you.....next time

BOUNTYHUNTER said:
Cherry08 said:

You probably will not have to cut yours to length either like we do on our 136's, yours should be full length. I could see it wearing right at the back of the tip section of rail. I think "Danylion" has them on his 144" Apex .....I remember Charlie saying something about them. Either way THEY ARE BETTER SLIDERS PERIOD.

Sorry you had to take off so fast, was looking forward too chatting with you.....next time

Yep we definitely have to do it again next year.... 1 more ride then DuPonts going on

I got 2400 miles out of my regular factory sliders last year. I used a set of low snow wheels and set the scratchers down when the conditions were hard pack/ice.

K Duponts in at 475 miles. Now at 1380 miles and the most wear is under the last wheel where the vespel ends. Running stock yami wheels on the 2011 with the duponts did not see a need to install Polaris of pioneer wheels as yet.

Measured with a 19mm wrench when new and it fit over very loose with a bit of play. 17mm wrench will not fit over where the vespel is so less then 2mm wear in close to a thousand miles. Maybe 1.5mm at most. The only spot I have any wear is between the last two idlers. There is no wear at the bend.

At the back idler wheel a 17mm wrench just fits tightly so still at that point less then 2mm wear and no vespel insert at that point.

So far so good! If I can get 2,500 to 3,000 miles out of a set then its a once a year change and money well spent. My fat arse is hard on sliders, they wear to that point where everyone else says they stop wearing and then for me they just continue to wear at a slower rate till rails poke through.

The XTX stock sliders where half worn out and most of that was on one ride down a groomed trail of maybe 20 miles. Not sure how long they would have lasted switched to Duponts to do my rides!

vector06 said:
I got 2400 miles out of my regular factory sliders last year. I used a set of low snow wheels and set the scratchers down when the conditions were hard pack/ice.

I'm, with you. I still have the original sliders on and have over 2800 miles and there is plenty of wear left in them. I also run with the scratchers down if the conditions are hard pack/ice. I'm not so sure I will be putting my DuPont ones on with the kind of service I'm getting. I might be selling them in the near future.

I do run with the marginal snow wheel kit in the front and check for wear after every run.

:jump: :sled1: :jump: :sled1: :jump: :sled1: :jump:

I have 2500 miles on standards with exsels wheels on my 2011xtx And plenty more to go. Don't think I will bother with DuPonts.

I get 400 miles out of my slides but I run a 2" track on packed trails. I added a set of wheels and some scratches to get a little more out of them.

Back