• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Keeping my 2003

RocklandRX1: Hey Mike what's up brother??? I'm going to add NOS. I found a brand new Boss Noss for a great priceand the guyn is giving me a 20 pound refill bottle.

I'll be 215HP is like Skydog!!!!! :D

Plus your paying miniumuly 1k to 1.5k more for a sled with fuel injection. Kinda crazy on there pricing!!! At least the mach makes 170hp!!!!

i like the mtns. im not a fan of short tracks in the first place because the back of the sled looks really wierd with such a short track. i like tunnel extensions.

seat looks wierd, but im still going to try to get one.. 162" track, awesome handlebars, storage on the extension, and 150hp. i want one.

The 2006's LOOK AWESOME you have to see them in person, pictures don't do them justice!

jtssrx said:
they need more then 149 hp to beat me

Hp wont beat you but power curve will!

Jts, big HP and bad power curves have plagued snowmobile engines forever! The funny thing is how everyone seems to know this, but the only thing anyone ever centers on is the HP number. I ahve laughing about this for years, since there are a few people out there that realize the importance of what the torque curve looks like.

Redline Racing knows this well and the engines they run in the Vipers they lake race here in NY, prove the point. Those engines do not make big "Peak HP", about 178 is it. However, the torque curve shoot right up, at very low rpms and holds over a very wide rpm range for a 2-stroke.

Jts, your own turbo-charged Warrior was a perfect example of my point! Your engine made your sled faster than the rest, not with peak HP, but with instant torque production.

I always get a bit of a smile when I hear this type of discussion, questions only related to hp or lack there of...

Consider the facts!

150HP
Fuel Injection
2.5 pound crank train mass reduction
Instant Torque! :ORC

Come to NY next year jts, I have somthing for you, but you may not like it! 8) :flag:

Stroker, take it easy on JT, you'll have to wait in line, I have first wack at him 8) :moon: :tg:

Mark and Allen. I don't want an 06. Until Yamaha releases a sled that makes 165 plus HP from the factory I don't need a new sled. Mine runs just fine and when i put the NOS it will run even better.

Your right instant throttle is what you need. Along with great traction and another 30 Hp to pull you on the big end when the Mach is trying to run away from you!!!!!

Hey I only have 172hp not 178 but thanks for asking. Jt come on buy the attack I know you want it! NOS will work even better on fuel injection! how can you let technology get the better of you. Remember when you said no to the rx-1 you were keeping your SRX and now look your rx-1 all the way. Work a few hrs OT and snow check one! can't take it with you!
For me a 300HP turbo attack may be the ticket!

The Hammer: Mark Ya i was going to keep my SRX. Until someone ripped off my trailer which had my sled in it.

Like I said I love the new sleds. But for the cost I'll kkep mine and add NOS

I'll won't buy a new sled until my 03 RX-1 is worn out! With the crappy, unreliable winters we've been having there is NO WAY I can justify buying a new sled. I'd rather tweak and tune my 03 than lay out thousands for a new sled. Just my opinion.

jtssrx said:
Mark and Allen. I don't want an 06. Until Yamaha releases a sled that makes 165 plus HP from the factory I don't need a new sled. Mine runs just fine and when i put the NOS it will run even better.

Your right instant throttle is what you need. Along with great traction and another 30 Hp to pull you on the big end when the Mach is trying to run away from you!!!!!

I couldn't have said it better! :Rockon:

I will probably keep my 04 Warrior another season. THis could change if I come across a good deal on an 05 RX1. I think in the spring the local dealers going to want get rid of his 05's and will be willing to wheel and deal

Back