• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kill Switch (handlebar) disconnect it ok? not ok?

JODY

Veteran
I want to disconnect my kill switch on my Apex GT because when I start riding in the deep powder and pulling machine side to side i sometimes bump the kill switch and when I do that means i'm stuck :eek:) Has anyone disconnected the kill switch and have used the key to start the machine and shut it off/ bypassing the kill switch. If so how do you bypass it? do you just unplug it or you you have to connect the two wires at the harness together to complete the circuit? Any help or suggestions. I know I have to get rid of the kill switch because i keep bumping it and shuting the machine down when I don't want it to

Thanks JODY

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put a tether cord on that sled if you do that. I do not like seeing body-less sleds going passed me wide freekin open!!

I will put a tether but can you disconnect the kill switch? if yes how do you do it, just unplug it or you have to connect the two wires together at the harness

Please help JODY

What difference would the kill switch make as far as a tether. you fall off with the kill switch working, and it will still go by itself. maxdlx

Lets forget about the tether part. Just asking a simple question, will the machine work with the kill switch unplugged or do i have to loop the wires at the harness. Can i just use the key for shutting the machine down?

Jody,

Don't you just love the safety nazi's :o|

Looking at the wiring diagram in the service manual it appears the kill switch is closed in the run position, so you won't be able to just unplug the switch. Appears you will need to jump across the Brown and Red/White wires.

As mentioned, you could hook up a tether switch to do this, but it has to be one that closes the switch with the tether in place. Most tethers for 2-strokes are just the opposite. I recall reading someone on the forum had these switches available. Possibly Ulmer.

Shootinstick Thanks alot for the feedback Just wondering if that is the two wires that are present in the harness when you unplug the kill switch if so you could just use a small jumper wire from terminal to terminal correct? Thanks for the info. Jody more feedback from others would be great as well ideas that others may have done

Yes, wiring diagram shows a connector on wires from kill switch. The colors I listed above are the wires coming to that connector. Ideal would be to find another connector from a broken kill switch to make it a "plug-in affair"

Back