• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kimpex connect?

STAIN

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 SIDEWINDER LTX GT
Has anyone used the Kimpex connect system on a Sidewinder?
I am looking at options for storage/fuel on longer trips and am wondering if this system or the Whiteout Tech system would better suit my needs.

I am looking at options for storage/fuel on longer trips and am wondering if this system or the Whiteout Tech system would better suit my needs.
I run it and have put it on a few sleds. If you have taller brackets custom made so that it clears the tail light frame you can leave the stock medium bag on.

It’s not what you asked- but I have the Up north tech mounting plate on my SW and Indy xc.

You can swop all the linq stuff back and forth. Super functional - but pricey

We can carry the rotopax cans on normal trail rides, or the bigger linq cans if we are far from fuel stops
Ms

I ordered in the kimpex stuff for a customer and it was ok. I feel its alot of pieces and just not quite there for the money. If you just want fuel rotopax is the way to go. You just can't mount it directily on tunnel due to the rear exchanger. I have a cargo plate that allows you to mount linq or rotopax. If you use the risers you can shift plate back over tail light and retain the stock bag. I had a slick way of mounting a trunk base to the rotopax wing nut for a combo kit, but the cases have been discsontinued

original

original

On another note Itek, sold by kimpex makes linq adaptors. They are cheaper, but two individual pieces. I did have one customer that had his tunnel crack because the mounts were indpendent of each other. I highly suggest a solid plate concept that up north and my self use. This also eliminates potential for linq spacing to be off due to improper mounting.

I also looked at the Kimpex, but chose the Up North Tech plate for Linq. I got the 15L stackable fuel caddy and a storage bag to go on top of it. I just liked the rigidity of the UPT plate.

I am also interested in feedback on the Kimpex Connect System. Does anyone currently use this product? I'm interested to see some pictures and gain feedback on it. I currently use have the Yamaha Accessory rack to carry extra fuel but it leaves very few options for carrying additional luggage and gear. Hoping to add something like this and get away from carrying a backpack. My preference is not to go the Linq Route.

I have Kimpex Connect with Rotopax gas caddy and Adventure tunnel bag which can mount either to the tunnel or stack up on the caddy on Sidewinder.
I have an xtra set of bases which I used the xtra set of plastic pads from to provide enough clearance from taillight.
A big plus with Kimpex is the ability to put a padlock to secure to sled, and factory 20” bag still works, just need to hold down the very rear of bag when attaching gas caddy

i like the system so much that i bought 2 sets of rails, one for the xtx and one for the M9000 so i can swap bags and fuel around without worry....still havent installed the rails yet but that is on the to do list

I am also interested in feedback on the Kimpex Connect System. Does anyone currently use this product? I'm interested to see some pictures and gain feedback on it. I currently use have the Yamaha Accessory rack to carry extra fuel but it leaves very few options for carrying additional luggage and gear. Hoping to add something like this and get away from carrying a backpack. My preference is not to go the Linq Route.
A955F57F-D7D4-47EF-ABCF-9B840F8AFED8.jpeg
2456706F-F99A-49DF-B68E-F6B696925F9A.jpeg
5A094679-B9FA-49C4-AF5E-1E1D85AD806A.jpeg
55854267-14AD-45B4-83B3-ECE12D464F57.jpeg

I’ve said this before on another thread on here, the template that came with mine was not right and spaced too far apart. I placed the template onto a piece of wood and mounted the mounting brackets and that’s how I found out about the spacing being too wide. You can mount the mounting brackets to either tank or bag and measure the space between the holes and compare it to the template. I got mine as soon as they came out so maybe they adjusted it by now but check to make sure or else there’s gonna be some play when you mount the system.

I’ve had the bag on for a few years now without problems but I’ve only used the fuel tank and bag twice. No issues yet with it.

View attachment 170875View attachment 170876View attachment 170877View attachment 170878
I’ve said this before on another thread on here, the template that came with mine was not right and spaced too far apart. I placed the template onto a piece of wood and mounted the mounting brackets and that’s how I found out about the spacing being too wide. You can mount the mounting brackets to either tank or bag and measure the space between the holes and compare it to the template. I got mine as soon as they came out so maybe they adjusted it by now but check to make sure or else there’s gonna be some play when you mount the system.

I’ve had the bag on for a few years now without problems but I’ve only used the fuel tank and bag twice. No issues yet with it.
If holes are drilled other than where marked for the Procross chassis what ya are doing is setting for either Ski Doo or Polaris

A big plus with Kimpex is the ability to put a padlock to secure to sled, and factory 20” bag still works, just need to hold down the very rear of bag when attaching gas caddy
Link has padlock available aftermarket and from BRP.

If holes are drilled other than where marked for the Procross chassis what ya are doing is setting for either Ski Doo or Polaris
I’m not sure but all I’m saying is to check before you drill, I can’t remember the exact spacing of the holes on the template but if I used the template I got with the kit my bag or tank would be lose on the brackets once mounted.

I’m not sure but all I’m saying is to check before you drill, I can’t remember the exact spacing of the holes on the template but if I used the template I got with the kit my bag or tank would be lose on the brackets once mounted.
Gas can holder and adventure bag have several different holes to fit whether mounting to Polaris, Ski Doo or yamacat

For Sidewinder Viper or Tcat drill holes in tunnel according to paper template and figure out which bolt holes on gas caddy or which screw holes on Adventure tunnel bag are correct

Back