• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

King Air 137"

franklin

Pro
I installed a king air in my 2017 ltx, along with the assault front shocks this year. We rode 2300 miles this year in and around Newberry mi from 2-1 through 2-23. This setup is the best riding and handling that I have ever rode on smooth or rough trails, I have never like Fox float shocks on these chassis weather it was a viper or the sidewinder they always seemed bouncy and would not settle down, That is not the case with the assault shocks the air bag has so much volume it makes everything smooth out. The King Air rear socked up even the grade on Saturday evening at 65-70 mph I was able to zip right through, the other winders in the group were struggling to keep speed. I'm very happy with this setup the only problem I had was the clamp for the front shock external chamber cracked and had to hose clamp it for a few days until we got home and will get new one from Fast. I will try and load pics soon but it was very easy to install and set up for weight and style only drilled 2 holes in tunnel. I very much recommend this set up for any trail riding, rough or smooth King Air will keep you in the groove. Thank You FAST for excellent product.

Thanks for the great review. I’ve had my eye on this setup this year after reading great reviews. Looking forward to the pics you can post for us!

I installed a king air in my 2017 ltx, along with the assault front shocks this year. We rode 2300 miles this year in and around Newberry mi from 2-1 through 2-23. This setup is the best riding and handling that I have ever rode on smooth or rough trails, I have never like Fox float shocks on these chassis weather it was a viper or the sidewinder they always seemed bouncy and would not settle down, That is not the case with the assault shocks the air bag has so much volume it makes everything smooth out. The King Air rear socked up even the grade on Saturday evening at 65-70 mph I was able to zip right through, the other winders in the group were struggling to keep speed. I'm very happy with this setup the only problem I had was the clamp for the front shock external chamber cracked and had to hose clamp it for a few days until we got home and will get new one from Fast. I will try and load pics soon but it was very easy to install and set up for weight and style only drilled 2 holes in tunnel. I very much recommend this set up for any trail riding, rough or smooth King Air will keep you in the groove. Thank You FAST for excellent product.
Thanks for the post bud! YOU are the very first person I've ever heard of installing Team Fast products into a Sidewinder!

You can't beat Team Fast suspensions!

You can't beat Team Fast suspensions!

100%

2019 SRX,,, RIPPED out the SAG MONSTER stock suspension and complete IQS and installing the M10 Air, and front Fox Floats this week
003.JPG
Pics of the M10 coming after install.

my brother-in law did the same thing 137 it has too be the best skid i have every put my but on they are great.

Does it rob acceleration/weight transfer?

Did not t realize this was even a viable option, thanks for posting.

I’m interested in the King Air rear suspension as well. Although, what adjustments can be made to the skid for changing front end handling? I read the articles but they didn’t mention how the user can increase or decrease ski pressure. I suppose front skid shock air pressure could be changed. Does the skid have a weight transfer adjustment? Just seems like adjustments for handling are limited and the user has to settle for what the skid delivers after install. Any specific feedback on handling and/or the handling adjustments will be appreciated.

I’m interested in the King Air rear suspension as well. Although, what adjustments can be made to the skid for changing front end handling? I read the articles but they didn’t mention how the user can increase or decrease ski pressure. I suppose front skid shock air pressure could be changed. Does the skid have a weight transfer adjustment? Just seems like adjustments for handling are limited and the user has to settle for what the skid delivers after install. Any specific feedback on handling and/or the handling adjustments will be appreciated.
There are limiters on the suspension, pulling them up will give you more ski pressure. The slide blocks in the rear also come in different lengths which can be used to adjust transfer. I have my m10's built with dual limiters, 4th wheel kit, and the longest slide block ( least transfer possible ) Then you dial in your air settings. The M10's have that "jacked" ride and feeling in the rear which I personally prefer.

There are limiters on the suspension, pulling them up will give you more ski pressure. The slide blocks in the rear also come in different lengths which can be used to adjust transfer. I have my m10's built with dual limiters, 4th wheel kit, and the longest slide block ( least transfer possible ) Then you dial in your air settings. The M10's have that "jacked" ride and feeling in the rear which I personally prefer.
Ok. After looking at the pictures again I see the strap is in between the shocks. I didn’t know what that was. Used to straps at the front of the skid. Thanks.

i wish there was a way to test drive these skids without dropping $2000

STAIN....Here's a few links to some reviews of the King Air skid installed in a Viper:

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...304813359/Snow+Goer+King+Air+October+2020.pdf

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...51a9c461b537e/1547231808753/SnowTech+2019.pdf

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...6d14df6057ae/1572908140338/Still+the+King.pdf

Looks pretty interesting to me especially since they've focused on the ProCross platform.

Yea here’s a message for all you who gotta have the latest and greatest of everything.
News flash this is the same exact design and geometry used in the original M10 falling rate suspension that came out in 1995. The transfer blocks have been updated so they last longer, but basically the same style suspension.

Best overall suspension design for the trail ever imo

Last edited:
There is a strap that goes from top of rear shock to bottom of front arm. It has a few holes then there is a pinch bolt on the front that is adjustable for ski pressure, they explained in the instruction to set drop to 1 1/2" when rider gets on with rear shock angle adjuster and air pressure, then front air adjustments and strap for ski pressure along with bottoming limits. I started at the recommended air pressure and shock angle then adjusted up until I was happy with the bump performance skis where light and was pushing in corners. I decreased rear pressure and increased the front air and tighten the bolt on strap now it will just break loose was pushed and the skis stay planted in corner. I have had m-10s in a couple of my sleds along with built mono shocks and my sidewinder had the qs3 fox shocks, it was time for a rebuild on them that was going to be at least half the price of the complete rear skid from fast so I went with the king air and won't look back except to see if anyone is keeping up or if I have to wait at the next stop sign.

Back