• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Klim Summit or Togwotee gloves

firefighter

Veteran
Hello I am looking for a new pair of gloves and was wondering if anybody has either of these.I have the yamaha team gloves and there already shot. I got 1 season out of them and I sure can't blame my handwarmers 08 vec.Thanks

I have the togwotee and thay are great. Excellent in all conditions with the pull out liner. Very comfortable glove.

klim

i have both but until i got yamaheater on real cold days i had to wear my claws, now just about any glove will work.

I just bought the Toggs, so i haven't tried them yet, but the feel/grip is great. I hope the liners don't move around on the bars when riding though, but the fit is great, and much better then the Klimate ones i tried on, not even close to fitting as nice.

Klim Gloves

I am ordering the new Fusion from Klim...not listedwith Yamaha yet..you can order direct
I called them and they recommended them for our cold climate here in Manitoba
check them out on thier site
my hands were cold today -15'c with year old Klimate gloves

toggs

if you read most of their advertising they it keeps you dry and that is does.
i have a ton of their goods and i like it, only a few of their items say keep you warm, that's where the inner layers come in to play.

I got a pair of the Klimate Gore-Tex gloves last year. They are great for warmer weather but if you are in a really cold climate, make sure your handwarmers really, really work or go with something heavier...........

Thanks for all the replies I ordered the Summit gloves after talking Klim on the phone.We will see how good they are hopefully.

Ah Gloves. Here's another thought, look beyond the snowmobile dealers for gear. Specifically check out a good high end outdoor store with real tough and lifesaving gear. Mountain Hardware, TNF, Outdoor Research etc.

I just got a pair of ARC'TERYX Alpha SV Gloves on sale for $150 (retail $250). These are designed for ice climbing (mountain climbing in the winter over ice!) The product is fantastic with great dexterity, warmth and waterproof. They will last 20 years too. Google them and you'll see.

On the same token I think the Klim Balaclava in Goretex is simply terrific piece of equipment.

And finally.......Never, never wear cotton next to your skin. It traps moisture and will potentially kill you as it sucks the heat out of your body . Wear wool (new stuff isn't scratchy) or a good quality wicking brand. Patagonia is the best IMO.

Klimate Fusion Gloves

Had them two weeks and massive difference from my old klimate ones (only good for warmer days) Very warm yesterday -20'cwith bad windchill with useless stock bars on my XTX. I like the thinsulate feature where you can choose more on top and none for warm days or excellent grip warmers

Best set of gloves I have ever owned!

Anyone else out there looking for gloves, i see Cabellas has the 'copy cat' Klim Fusion and other Gortex gloves for about half price!

I have used Hestra Army Leather Gore-Tex gloves for 15+ years and they are super durable and keeps you dry. In these 15+ years I'm only into my second pair so I can guarantee you that these last forever!! Just remember to use leather wax/balm once a year and the leather will stay smooth as a baby's butt ;)! :Rockon:

http://www.hestragloves.com/#/us/handskar/alpine_pro/army_leather_gore-tex/

Back