• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder exhaust vents

I removed my goggle bag and put the vent back in. Its a nice chimney of heat when stopped to dry you mask. Don't know how much air comes thru while riding. Only thing I ever used the goggle bag for was a spare cord for my heated shield.

The grid by the handlebars really only vents the space at idle or when it’s stopped. While under operation the air really is pushed / forced around the side of the cowl by your knees.

I know this because keeping your phone in the pouch- one would think it would be toasty warm? - wrong- while riding the phone is stone cold.
Ms
Glad to hear thanks. I read that the pouch helps to prevent frost forming on the windshield when stopped.

Wait a minute. My plan was to leave my phone in my tuque in there. Easy to get at to check gps trail map instead of inside bib pocket where it needed to be to keep warm. So pouch won't keep it warm enought in those -20C days?

The stuff in my goggle bag stays warm.

Did you noticed much air coming out of the grid in front of handlebars when riding? Got the goggle bag to install, wondering if it hinders.

I'm certain the goggle bag would hinder air coming thru the top.

One thing I noticed when I cracked my pipe going to the turbo was the water droplets coming up thru the vent on top when running at speed and grabbing a handful. Quite obvious the hi-flow thru the top vent when this happens. I was running in deep snow and I'm sure the added heat from the cracked pipe was melting all that snow and blowing the water right up thru there. Never noticed it like that before or after.

I don't run a goggle bag for that reason as I prefer it to vent air.

Wait a minute. My plan was to leave my phone in my tuque in there. Easy to get at to check gps trail map instead of inside bib pocket where it needed to be to keep warm. So pouch won't keep it warm enought in those -20C days?

I had issues with my phone still getting cold. Brp makes a warming plate that connects to the helmut visor plug. Its the size of a credit card and keeps the phone warm. Works well. MS

I had issues with my phone still getting cold. Brp makes a warming plate that connects to the helmut visor plug. Its the size of a credit card and keeps the phone warm. Works well. MS

Build yourself a case and QI charger if your phone is setup for QI charging. Even if its not setup for QI charging you can purchase a plug in Qi card to charge. It's how I started with an old 6 or 7 I phone, and the new iPhones are already setup for Qi charging. It works great to keep it warm and charged, and you can leave the trail map up right on the phone if you want and see it going down the trail.

I bought all the stuff from Amazon for less than $40 total as I recall. Works great, I got the idea from here. smartholder-shopping-cart

0D76ED2B-1256-4B10-A40F-00271B6094BA.jpeg

209026A2-B7D3-4F07-A744-AFCAB15CEDD3.jpeg

I am focusing on heat control on my 998, she gets hot running a header
I have mo flow vents on the front of the belly panels, a set at my knees, wrapping part of the header (first 10 " of the header inlets) installing a header blanket, wrapping the muffler core. Not sure I want to remove the goggle bag!! Nice spot the keep your phone warm

Hello everyone while this was a job and a half lol I tried drilling aluminum but every time I did it warped on me. I finally tracked down perforated stainless and ordered it. They didn’t turn out as good as I hoped but they will work. I would say leave it to the companies that do it lol I included pictures for everyone to see

Hello everyone. I tried drilling aluminum but no matter how I tried it warped on me. So plan “B” I ordered perforated stainless steel 20gauge. I cut out my vents and wrapped them in phyerex and prefilter on the clutch side. They didn’t turn out as good as I hoped. Oh well. If anyone asks me I would say leave it to the three companies that make them lol. I included pictures so everyone can see
6A991F3B-98CC-41F0-B593-D207F7C180A6.jpeg
1B6537EB-7C2A-4A34-9B4F-5FFEC5AC6D01.jpeg
6FB5C2E4-B305-4BF9-AD4C-984E6A705D0F.jpeg
FD99B55A-5DD9-4674-B6D1-B7CAF2D0815D.jpeg
AB1BD4D5-6A36-4D0F-A545-FAAF775D0239.jpeg

How do you fasten the case to the top of the riser?
MS

Its a clamp on phone holder for a motorcycle. I drill a hole thru the plastic and clamp it right to the bar smack in the middle. Modified of course for the cheap Qi charger I hot glue into it.

Build yourself a case and QI charger if your phone is setup for QI charging. Even if its not setup for QI charging you can purchase a plug in Qi card to charge. It's how I started with an old 6 or 7 I phone, and the new iPhones are already setup for Qi charging. It works great to keep it warm and charged, and you can leave the trail map up right on the phone if you want and see it going down the trail.

I bought all the stuff from Amazon for less than $40 total as I recall. Works great, I got the idea from here. smartholder-shopping-cart

View attachment 162886

View attachment 162887
I just bought the Samsung fold 3...when unfolded its screen is awesome and big..waterproof too...anyone make a holder for this yet

I just bought the Samsung fold 3...when unfolded its screen is awesome and big..waterproof too...anyone make a holder for this yet

I bet you could Google it and find out...

I found one on Google search with the Qi charger built in for less than $30 in less than 15 seconds.

Back