• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Latest TY Tech Video. Removable Lower Panels.

This is a great mod for these sleds,I've done several. I use the zinc rivnuts with stainless fasteners with no rust problems.
Stainless rivnuts and stainless fasteners together scares me a bit....galling.

This is a great mod for these sleds,I've done several. I use the zinc rivnuts with stainless fasteners with no rust problems.
Stainless rivnuts and stainless fasteners together scares me a bit....galling.
I have the same concern about galling but, I wanted to use the SST riv-nuts as it is easier to replace a rusted fastener that it is a rusted riv-nut. I am going to try the SST fasteners and if I experience galling then I am going to revert to a black oxide coated fastener and replace them as they show rust.

Reactions: SPM
Tom,

I would say this is a great mod for access to everything. There is one step I would suggest we add. I was doing this mod over the weekend. The oil tank side went good. I should have stopped there. Went to do the clutch side. Got the rivets drilled out then went to drill the riv nut size hole for each location. When I was doing the one that is the second one down from the top one to the left of the shock I got into my wire harness right where it plugs into the ECU. It's my mistake for not making sure I wasn't going to hit anything when I made it through the steel. I wonder if anybody else ran into this. I feel sick to my stomach doing this to a new sled. 2022 LTX GT. I am going to try to repair it. A new harness is $500. I guess I'm lucky I didn't get the ECU!

Tom,

I would say this is a great mod for access to everything. There is one step I would suggest we add. I was doing this mod over the weekend. The oil tank side went good. I should have stopped there. Went to do the clutch side. Got the rivets drilled out then went to drill the riv nut size hole for each location. When I was doing the one that is the second one down from the top one to the left of the shock I got into my wire harness right where it plugs into the ECU. It's my mistake for not making sure I wasn't going to hit anything when I made it through the steel. I wonder if anybody else ran into this. I feel sick to my stomach doing this to a new sled. 2022 LTX GT. I am going to try to repair it. A new harness is $500. I guess I'm lucky I didn't get the ECU!
Dude that really sucks. I always watch when I drill thru. Sorry about that as all of mine had nothing really behind that area. I will have to edit the video and add a on screen note

That's too bad!
Many years ago we were working on a bravo 250 and my employee drilled through the bottom of the belly pan right into the bottom of the fuel tank!!

When replacing the front heat exchanger, I too was worried about drilling out the rivets so I ended getting/using these drill bit stops.

DrillBitStop.JPG

That's too bad!
Many years ago we were working on a bravo 250 and my employee drilled through the bottom of the belly pan right into the bottom of the fuel tank!!
Dude that really sucks. I always watch when I drill thru. Sorry about that as all of mine had nothing really behind that area. I will have to edit the video and add a on screen note
Maybe the GT has it relocated there because the power steering.

Going to try and repair the harness…,,a new harness is around $500! Sometimes it’s best just to leave things alone! The first new sled I have had since 1994, have always had bought used, couldn’t afford new while raising kids. The first new sled in years and I had to screw it up. Makes me sick! I just didn’t take enough care and look what was behind the panel…. got in a hurry.

I have done this mod to both of my winders, on both sides, and have had zero issues. Its a MUST do honestly imo. I wish they came this way stock. Makes life WAY easier, and a LOT cleaner!

I have done this mod to both of my winders, on both sides, and have had zero issues. Its a MUST do honestly imo. I wish they came this way stock. Makes life WAY easier, and a LOT cleaner!
Exactly!! I can’t believe it took me so long to get to it on all my sleds.

Barn of parts sells pop pins that I am going to try on my new sidewinder. Ive done the rivnuts on 3 sleds now, they are alright, but I think i might be happier with the pop pins, and they are cheap enough to carry spares.

these?? maybe......
1657812427496.png

Back