• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LED H4 bulbs?

I got my HIDs from Rock yesterday, getting ready to install them now. Does anybody know if the metal part that covers half the bulb go up or down?

Where are you guys mounting your ballests?

Where are you guys mounting your ballests?
I mounted mine simply zip tying them to the existing wiring harness on top of the fuel tank on the clutch side. With the cowl off its not the prettiest setup but it works! You'll love these HID's once there adjusted. High/low split is great. My buddy always leads on his 2012 pro cross turbo and never had to run his high beams with me be hind him with my HID's on high!

I HAVE USED THE LED KIT FROM TRUX ACCESSORIES MINOR AIM AND THEY ARE AMAZING
I HAVE A 2011 APEX SE SIMPLE PLUG IN INSTALLATION. ALSO COMES WITH TINTING PIECES IF YOU WANT A MORE BLUE OR YELLOW LIGHT COMPARED TO THE BRIGHT WHITE. HAVE OVER 1500KM TESTED ON THEM WITH NO ISSUES. THANKS

https://truxaccessories.com/h4-led-headlight-bulb-kit

Just got hid kit from rock. They are bright when compared to wife’s stock lights on her 14 vector...plus they are plug/play. I have same question, where are people mounting the ballasts. I have mine on metal bracket that light pod rests on but now having issues getting the 2 10mm bolts on the side to line up. Plus pod is tilting up...assuming hitting on the ballasts I mounted. Any suggestions or just zip tie to harness and leave as is? I was trying to mount to bracket or something like that but real estate is at a premium on these 4 strokes!

My LED kit had small boxes as well i think if i remember right that i mounted them underneath the cross bracing out of they way on the underside has not interfered with anything thus far.
attached are a few pics of the high and low beam in my apex . The third pic unfortunately is of my friends ski-doo he took a good photo showing the difference between halogen and the new led.
IMG_20180217_182343595.jpg IMG_20180217_182351199.jpg Resized_20180214_164138.jpg

I took back apart and mounted the black box underneath as well. Everything lines up perfect now and no issues. Now need to order set for wife’s vector

Roc’s HID’s all the way!
Bought a set last year at the Novi snoshow, worth every penny!
As a matter of fact going this year to buy another set for the new sled, along with phone heater and charge port!

Last edited:

Back