• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LED H4 bulbs?

Just ordered a set of HIDs from Rock, anxious to put them in. Silverstars are better than stock, but not great in snowdust. LEDs are very bright for about 30feet down the trail, also also not great in snowdust. Hopefully the HIDs do the trick. I have the silverstars and LEDs yet if anyone wants to buy them. About 200 miles on each.

Mr Sled is correct.
Our kits also have High AND Low beams all Plug&Play.
When properly adjusted , no LEDs can come close in sight distance.
Your lights SHOULD have High AND Low beams.
This allows you to get the Maximum sight distance on High Beams while NOT blinding oncoming riders by you having low beams to use.
The Low beams also have a nice cutoff on the lights, while keeping you from blinding other riders, it also helps avoid making a whitewall in snowdust.

LEDs do spread a bunch of light up close due to the LED Light scattering.
The problem with light scatter, is most of us don't tend to ride all that slow & you don't want the snow dust well lit, it will make a white wall in front of you that you cant see through.
The light scatter is what makes the illusion that LEDs are brighter, and sometimes they are brighter.
However, scattering a bunch of light up close, does not make LEDs project light well down the trail for a useable distance as you ride.

HIDs project MUCH further down the trail, ours do well enough that you cannot override them.
At this point there is no comparison in light quality for your riding.

Hope this helps!

Anyone going to the Milwaukee and/or Novi Snowshow is welcome to stop by & check them out!

Rock : )

Mr Sled is correct.
This allows you to get the Maximum sight distance on High Beams while NOT blinding oncoming riders by you having low beams to use.
The Low beams also have a nice cutoff on the lights, while keeping you from blinding other riders, it also helps avoid making a whitewall in snowdust.

The problem with light scatter, is most of us don't tend to ride all that slow & you don't want the snow dust well lit, it will make a white wall in front of you that you cant see through.
The light scatter is what makes the illusion that LEDs are brighter, and sometimes they are brighter.
However, scattering a bunch of light up close, does not make LEDs project light well down the trail for a useable distance as you ride.

HIDs project MUCH further down the trail, ours do well enough that you cannot override them.

Hope this helps!

Anyone going to the Milwaukee and/or Novi Snowshow is welcome to stop by & check them out!

Can I find these online? On your website. What your saying about the leds makes perfect sense. Lots of light in short distance but like you said...we don't drive slow lol. I need a longer range light

I did what another member did...ultra silverstars ZXE....they seem atleast twice as bright as stock

Mr Sled is correct.

Hope this helps!

Where can I buy a set online?

There's link in the advertisers section. I believe its Yamaheater

You can't go wrong with Rock's plug-n-play HID kit. Installed a set on my new Apex and liked them so much I'd run them on the 08. However, since it's a backup sled, I will probably try to avoid him at the Novi show before he talks me into buying a set because they are that good! ;)!

love rock hid kit in my apex and in the old et410! everyone that sleds with me knows it is me asthey are that bright. if it was not for the cost i would have them in all of the sleds but xenon is good enough for the others. i did have an ebay set in the 09 phazer that came with it when i bought it but both of them failed at the beginning of last season.

love rock hid kit in my apex and in the old et410! everyone that sleds with me knows it is me asthey are that bright. if it was not for the cost i would have them in all of the sleds but xenon is good enough for the others. i did have an ebay set in the 09 phazer that came with it when i bought it but both of them failed at the beginning of last season.
Are they better than leds?

Tons Better.
Rokz are the way to go iv been reading!!?? Imndoing the projector change over..do I need to get h1 or h4 hid's? Can I buy a set from eBay for half the price or are they junk?

the ones i run of his are led but they work awsome for me.

Rokz are the way to go iv been reading!!?? Imndoing the projector change over..do I need to get h1 or h4 hid's? Can I buy a set from eBay for half the price or are they junk?

I have no idea on the projector change over. Normally the H4 HIDs are what are used for the normal housing. I have bought others and have had many failures, I dont even go that route any more. Rock has always come through on top.

Back