• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lifetime MPH

lakercr

Tech Advisor
Thought about this on the weekend; what is the lifetime MPH of my sled?

2017 Winder - 6020 miles on the odometer, 191 hours on the gauge. 6020/191 = 31.5 MPH.

What this tells me, I have no idea. I know quite a few of those miles are WOT on the lake, and our trail system lends itself to fairly speedy cruising.

Curious what others come up with, and if there’s anything to be interpreted from it.

I Just did this last ride with a bunch of guy’s mine was 53 kmh (32.933 mph) and was the highest of the group and I ride always last one in the group lol.

Turned 12297 km on my 20 in Quebec this week, 219 hours = 56 km.. doesn’t sound very fast lol..

I’m at 61km/hr (38mph) over a 21000kms lifetime ownership. I can take pics of gauge to prove too.
My 2022 I just sold was at 63km/hr over 4000kms.
From what I have seen, they vary a LOT from sled to sled.
My buddy is at 48km/hr.

Gee wiz, I'm only at 28mph, must be all the Idle time waiting for my skidud friends to catch up...

I think it still does mean something, I doubt people would have more extensive idle time, that part would be equal for all. They can only idle so long before overheating. I would assume everyone let’s their sled warm up and cool down, so those hours would be constant. The number that is different for everyone and that changes is your trail riding speed…
So if your average is higher or lower, it’s a good indicator. Data doesn’t lie!

That's what i figured.. So the average means nothing IMO

I am a data guy so is it useless data, no, startup and shutdown time are going to be small factors in total ride time. What matters is the profile of riding. And someone who is doing a lot of high speed trail running is going to have a higher average mph than say someone who runs goat paths. Riding at 9/10ths in the UP is going to be different than riding at 9/10ths in quebec or nothern ontario but still, within those geographies the numbers should be relatively comparable.

My lifetime mph (kph) is low on this sled because it is A. New still, and B. I don't get a lot of long distance riding in these days (schedule conflicts) but that has been true for years so it would have been interesting comparative data against say my old apex which... for sure.. would have a lower avg number.

Back