• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Limiter Strap

nber

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 L-TX LE
Has anyone tried shortening the limiter strap? Wondering how sensitive it is...will moving it one hole make a big difference?

Put semi aggressive snowtrackers on my L-TX Deluxe. They stopped the darting but still pushes to the point where it is almost dangerous on groomed trails (hard packed snow, no ice). Got to get more weight on the skis.

I did it. Up one hole. Helped a bit. Not a ton but noticeable. Two would be too much I think. Added 4" duals. Removed the transfer blocks. I'm close and happy with it the way it is. Stock LTX 137.

I'm up 4 holes and finally getting ski pressure more similar to my old apex. Still pushes through high speed turning a little.

Also on an LTX SE

I brought mine down 1 hole and it made a huge difference! I have an XTX and I bumped up the pressure in the rear float and softened up the center shock for a good ride.

NOS-PRO said:
I brought mine down 1 hole and it made a huge difference! I have an XTX and I bumped up the pressure in the rear float and softened up the center shock for a good ride.

The XTX's are a different beast and would be more likely to need a tightened up limiter, if you want better handling as opposed to the transfer. The coupled suspensions don't transfer nearly as much so it's not as much of an issue.

drumz11 said:
NOS-PRO said:

The XTX's are a different beast and would be more likely to need a tightened up limiter, if you want better handling as opposed to the transfer. The coupled suspensions don't transfer nearly as much so it's not as much of an issue.

Agree 100%

I am going to shorten 1 hole this weekend. Taking pressure off the center shock will help a ton too-went up about 3/16 from loose spring and it helped a ton.

I brought mine up 1 hole. It was all the down and loosened my front shock about 5 or 6 turns and what a difference. Its like riding on air now. No chatter bumps. Have not tried it on the big stuff yet.

I pulled my RTX in 1 hole. I let it back out trying to improve darting. It didn't improve the darting significantly so I pulled it back in. I believe it improves handling. I believe it allows me to accelerate better out of corners because I don't get as much ski lift. There are times though when I want to lift the skis and it doesn't do it as well now.

up to hole #3 with ca adx on 10" carbides + 144 studs and 115psi front floats. still pushes, but better. noticeable more steering effort though, as expected.

90 studs SLP powder pros w/6" carbides , limiter in stock hole put 2 more turns of preload on center shock , rear springs on med , front ski shocks set at 85 psi and no sway bar seems to work very well with light steering effort , I can power slide it though the corners .

09nytro said:
90 studs SLP powder pros w/6" carbides , limiter in stock hole put 2 more turns of preload on center shock , rear springs on med , front ski shocks set at 85 psi and no sway bar seems to work very well with light steering effort , I can power slide it though the corners .

85 psi??? Are you 300 lbs weight or more? :Rockon:

Back