• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

little more jam out of the hole

lucky_twin

Veteran
Bought a 2010 xtx this year and lovin it however looking to get a little more bottom end out of it. I came from an Apex (daughters sled now) and just a little dissapointed.

So looking for some advice on a few items to give it a little more pull. I'll have 1500 to 2000 to spend.

Thanks

I too came off an apex. I find the xtx to have the same if not better low end. But all sleds are different. I have run with a guy that did the exhaust clutch and fuel programmer. He has inproved the bottom end on his sled by about six sled leanths on me (all stock) for about 300feet then we are even.

If I were to do it again I would have put a Hindle or Excell complete exhaust, K&N's, PC and clutch it.

K&Ns Gut the exhaust=Free or slipon pipe Tuned PC3 and Clutch Kit :Rockon:

lucky_twin said:
Bought a 2010 xtx this year and lovin it however looking to get a little more bottom end out of it. I came from an Apex (daughters sled now) and just a little dissapointed.

So looking for some advice on a few items to give it a little more pull. I'll have 1500 to 2000 to spend.

Thanks

$1700ish will get you the Hurricane /Hindle kit....which includes full Hindle header/muffler, an airbox mod, an RB3 mapped for the mods and I believe clutch weights. You can choose your muffler size..16" is standard but I would recommend the hidden 20" with a noise reducer...you'll gain 15hp minimum. You can gain 19hp if you choose to run without the noise reducer...but seeing as you are in Ontario..I would recommend keeping it in. Dave created a map for that setup with noise reducer that is spot on.

My sled was an absolute animal and quiet to boot! If you thought your Apex was awsome...add this kit...you will think your Apex was a dog after that!

I run the Drag n Flys weights with a black spring and Turks setup...this sled is unreal now!

mjaremko said:
Shadow,

Where do you purchase the Hurricane/Hindle set up ?

mj

Right from site sponser HURRICANE Performance...you can pm Dave Marshall..user name HURRICANE. He is located in Canada but is able to ship to the US as he is right near the border...so no hassels. ;)!

I didn't state in the first post that I plan to studd it for traction. And the hurricane kit sounds cool and goes with the general consensus of making it breath better to start and clutching.

Thanks for the input, and yes my daughter is spoiled lol.

And while I'm typing I'll mention a solution I want to try and use to solve the ice build up and overheating issue, and see how crazy I am.
I am going to replace the stock tunnel protectors ( between track and exhaust) with aluminum rails a little wider and deeper and route the coolant through them to keep snow from melting to them and also help with cooling I hope. Has anyone tried this and if so has it worked?

Thanks

lucky_twin said:
I didn't state in the first post that I plan to studd it for traction. And the hurricane kit sounds cool and goes with the general consensus of making it breath better to start and clutching.

Thanks for the input, and yes my daughter is spoiled lol.

And while I'm typing I'll mention a solution I want to try and use to solve the ice build up and overheating issue, and see how crazy I am.
I am going to replace the stock tunnel protectors ( between track and exhaust) with aluminum rails a little wider and deeper and route the coolant through them to keep snow from melting to them and also help with cooling I hope. Has anyone tried this and if so has it worked?

Thanks
Thought i saw someone selling something like that one time. there was also a rear cooler someone was selling on here. if you search you might find it. im sure the coolant thing would work tho.

[/quote]Thought i saw someone selling something like that one time. there was also a rear cooler someone was selling on here. if you search you might find it. im sure the coolant thing would work tho.[/quote]

Yup, it was on E-bay once. Saw it on here too. Looked like an easy setup if you can weld aluminum.

As for out of the hole. Studs, like you said but, I also did Ulmer clutch and Ultra Q exhaust. I was very happy with those changes.

Back