• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Location and tips for ECU removal

Great clip! Was so pumped after seeing this, I tried the same. 15-20min later the beast is out lol. Cant wait to get it back in post flash lol (have no idea how that's going to work - from hands to forearm clearances it was super tight).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok...I've greatly improved my timing. Approx 5 min getting my hands/arms down in there to place and reconnect the flashed ECU (while Shagnos goes elbow deep in seconds lol) and another minute or so playing with the rubber strap). Done in 6 minutes flat lol. Cheers!

Ok...I've greatly improved my timing. Approx 5 min getting my hands/arms down in there to place and reconnect the flashed ECU (while Shagnos goes elbow deep in seconds lol) and another minute or so playing with the rubber strap). Done in 6 minutes flat lol. Cheers!

You're gonna really love that stage 0 flash..should make sled run better with the exhaust. ;)

I hear ya....I have to wonder if the rubber band was already removed on his video?? haha

I was hoping the rubber band had the little handle on it like the apex tool kit rubber band used to have, no such luck so its abit tricky to unhook it!

I removed more items mostly cause I wanted to see this machine and how things are routed, and also when I have to reinstall ECU and plug it back in I think it will be alot easier to install with some items removed.

Dan
Everything was there. The band is vertical so you press it against the Ecu and push down. It stretches and the metal loop falls off the hook . Now you just have 2 buttons to push to release the plugs. I spent more time maneuvering it to get it out. That was my 2nd time so with more practice I bet I could shave off 10 seconds. LOL The socket stuck on the clamp was not expecting that and wasted time. That was gravy compared to some under dash stuff.
I said I have wrenching for a living for close to 40 yrs. Back in the 80's getting paid book I would pull a Turbo 350, disassemble, have the case in a spray cabinet and be starting to rebuild in less than 1 hour.

IMG_5514.PNG

Everything was there. The band is vertical so you press it against the Ecu and push down. It stretches and the metal loop falls off the hook . Now you just have 2 buttons to push to release the plugs. I spent more time maneuvering it to get it out. That was my 2nd time so with more practice I bet I could shave off 10 seconds. LOL The socket stuck on the clamp was not expecting that and wasted time. That was gravy compared to some under dash stuff.
I said I have wrenching for a living for close to 40 yrs. Back in the 80's getting paid book I would pull a Turbo 350, disassemble, have the case in a spray cabinet and be starting to rebuild in less than 1 hour.
Ahhh....I think you must been heated shop. Rubber band on mine out in cold shop was not very stretchy, no way could stretch it as you were able to....Had to get a pick tool onto the metal end clamp and get it to release the rubber band off...grrr

Dan

Ahhh....I think you must been heated shop. Rubber band on mine out in cold shop was not very stretchy, no way could stretch it as you were able to....Had to get a pick tool onto the metal end clamp and get it to release the rubber band off...grrr

Dan

Yep it was heated. ok I'll allow 6 more seconds for a cold strap.....LOL

Shagnos was raised on a farm, that's why he is able to ram his hands and arms deep into the sidewinder. Removing the ecu is like birthing calves! I'm still in shock he went that deep without any protection!
disposable-arm-length-gloves-O309834.jpg

Remove the drive clutch ,it makes it much easier .Work from the side .

I take off intake hose
Can put your arm down in there easy and apply pressure down to middle of the rubber strap and as stated above loop falls off bottom hook

Back