• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Longest day trip?

Back in 1999 four of us went around the park in two days. Started in Haliburton one morning at eight and were back there late the next night . I have no idea how we did that.
I have no idea how you did it either. That is some serious riding. Depending on the trial system you took it could have been 900+ km's but then reading others riding 450+ miles is just crazy to me.
We ride the Algonquin Park area all the time and the longest trip for us has been from Madawaska to Deep River and back, about 240 km. But keep in mind we are in our early 60's so we stop a lot....:(

Mid week and good conditions definitely are key factors in putting on the bigger miles/kms.
Yes, but the stock handwarmers killed me on my then new 2008 Vector. It got so cold on the ride back that my hands felt like blocks of ice. I had to put my hands over the exhaust outlets when we stopped for fuel just to warm them a bit. I bought the Yamaheater unit after that. Plus that freaking seat foam. It seems so comfortable on normal, 6 to 8 hour trail rides, but after sitting on that bench for 8 hours to our destination, and then 8 hours back, I was done, just done. My #*$&@ was done. On a more comfortable sled I would have ridden 5 miles down the trail and back to make it an even 500, but on my Vector it would have killed me. Never had been so happy to get off of a sled. I am still riding my '08. Seat still sucks but we don't ride for 16 hours any longer and I can manage it for the shorter rides we take now. Hand warmers work good now.

I have no idea how you did it either. That is some serious riding. Depending on the trial system you took it could have been 900+ km's but then reading others riding 450+ miles is just crazy to me.
We ride the Algonquin Park area all the time and the longest trip for us has been from Madawaska to Deep River and back, about 240 km. But keep in mind we are in our early 60's so we stop a lot....:(

We rode from Parry Sound to Deep River the first day then Deep River to Lake of Bays and stayed in Dwight. The 3rd day we made it back to Parry Sound.

208 mi in one day on local trails. went to kilarney from sudbury. then went to little current (fastest leg), espanola and then back home to sudbury through chelmsford. there was some good trails and some beat up trails. a lot of our local trails thread through the bush and you can have a hard time making 35mph in those areas. ended up riding the rocket couch (05 sx vernture with viper motor) as our tag along that day went into the bush/tag alders with every sled we had with us other than my apex. made for a long stiff day.

we started at the valley inn and went south. This was our route. It was incredible crossing over to manitoulin island. Flat as can be, bluebird day, and the views were awesome! Love riding in Sudbury area when there’s a good amount of snow. Mattawa is another favourite.
5B73D0C2-3B9C-44AE-AB4C-88C9918FAC23.jpeg

311 was my best, Cicero ny to Stillwater reservoir. Yesterday I did 225 from Cicero, canastota, Georgetown, morrisville, Rome, taberg, Osceola, Cicero. It was snowing pretty good in the morning and midday, made for slow going. A lot of the fields were whiteouts and I was just looking for trail markers going 15-20mph. When the snow was done there was 6-10” of powder on the trails. I earned every mile.

I have ridden the Snowball Cancer Challenge Valentine 500 seven times and the 700 once. That is 500 miles in one day and 700 miles in one day. All riding was to raise money to help cancer treatment individuals and families afford their treatments.

I have ridden the Snowball Cancer Challenge Valentine 500 seven times and the 700 once. That is 500 miles in one day and 700 miles in one day. All riding was to raise money to help cancer treatment individuals and families afford their treatments.

Good for you to ride for a great cause.

Longest recent was from Plymouth WI to Byron IL. About 350mi. Pretty sure when I went from house to Mercer 2 years ago was longer. Left at 1pm even. Was almost 1000mi by time we got back for work Monday but lot of fun trail riding in between. It’s easy on the new sleds especially with gps. Back in SRX days I put 150 on fri after work 400sat and 550mi on Sunday. Biggest weekend I ever did and missed work for 2 days recovering. I was younger and better shape then. Raced MX regularly back then and I still thought I was going to die!

I don't remember, but it was dark at the end of the day. Those trails are so open and fast it didn't seem like a big day.
Some days are like that, the best ones, the ones you will never forget.

Longest day was over 300 - big loop up the NORTH SHORE of Lake Superior -Duluth to Grand Marais(MN) back to trail west through IRON range of MN then south back to Duluth. Many 200 mile days.

My favorite memories of long rides was a regular trip of a 230 mile run up the North shore -leave before 7- to a late breakfast/early lunch, fuel up and back to the Cabin to go for a ride with wife and friends for supper. (ONLY 50 -60 miles). I did that trip many Saturday mornings- on a Polaris 800 XCSP then an 06 Apex for many years.
As stated if I left by 7 would be back by 2-3 ( really cover ground when 1-2 sleds and no need to stop and talk- also was younger and slightly more stupid in regards to cruising speed- buddy who occasionally came liked to ride > talk as well)

My favorite true long ride was a nearly 2000 mile excursion with TYrs in 2010 were we started from ORR, MN went East to Lake Superior, then North into Canada with a remote border crossing pass into Ontario north to Sioux Lookout, then South and East nto Lac Dubonnet (near Winnipeg) then south to Mn at Angle inlet, here we had a ‘phone conversation’ with Customs border agents- I was asked,” did I buy anything of value?” I answered a lot of fuel. She asked me what I intended to do with it. I laughed and said it had been consumed by the sled on the trip. She informed me this wasn’t the time to be ‘funny’. We may have had a 300 mile day on that trip I don’t remember. When we added the 125 mile arrival day run for Pizza the trip totaled just shy of 2,000 in 6 days. GREAT trip and the Mechanical skill of our TY buddies NOS PRO and SRXTWINS kept us rolling along. Basically the schedule was eat/laugh, ride/laugh, fuel up/laugh and sleep and REPEAT.
The trails in Ontario and Manitoba were absolutely gorgeous with almost no bumps (mid week) and almost NO traffic. Over two days and a 570 mile stretch SwissSledder pointed out we hadn’t meet a sled except in gas up locations.

Sorry so LONG this COVID isolation crap is killing me......SORRY

Back