• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for feedback 2006 attak

nysnowarrior

Hi,

I am new to yamaha 4 strokes. I am considering buying a red 2006 attak. The sled is in very good condition with only 1065 miles. The asking price is $5,000 firm with tunnel bags, mirrors, and an extra windshield.

Are there any issues with this model?

How difficult is it to change the oil on this sled?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I owned an '06 Attak for 4 years - awsome sled.
The only problem I had was with delaminating idler wheels. Easily resolved by buying new ones.
Although I never had this problem, some did: The chanincase cover did not have an inner wall, the gasket could get sucked in during extended hi speed riding. The c-case cover for '07 was redesigned w/an inner wall, you may want to install the '07 cover on your '06.
The hand warmers weren't great, upgrading to the '07's will resolve this.
A rear heat exchanger is highly recommened, the sleds can overheat on hardpack (like 1st thing in the AM when the trails haven't loosened up).
Woddy's Dooly's will reduce darting, or install Simmons Gen 1's.
Check the front W arm for cracks as some did.
Changing the oil is a PITA, others can detail some tips, I had the dealer do mine.
You should be able to get the guy down another $500, especially this time of year.
Bottom line is these sleds are very reliable, you'll enjoy it!

you better buy it..my wifes beats all the other yammies around here..its red too..lol..we are tradding it in for more than that..run scratchers and it never heats up..when they are on.just seems to idle low.....buy it..

A 1000 miles isn't very much. should check the normal items for neglect. people who don't ride much don't usually do reg maint. pull the bearing seals off the clutch side clean and regrease, change oil and filter (only difficult the first time). there are several good write ups in the FAQ sticky with step by step pictures.

Mine has 14,000 miles. I would still ask $4500 for mine.

Sounds like a DEAL. I have the same sled and love it. I changed out the wheels to the new yamaha wheels, changed the oil, slides, added the rear wheel kit - like the 09 sleds, helps the hifax wear, KEEP the 06 handle bars and just add YAMAHEATERs to the sled and ride. Changed out the skis to C&A and Shaper bars with ski savers helps the dart.
Great trail sled.

I still have my 06 attak bought it new. I had the rear shock revalved and spring changed. Pioneer did it. I run USI tripple threat skis with bergstom tripple point carbides and shimmed the skis. Also added pioneers idler wheel lowering kit. I changed out the ripsaw for a cobra a huge improvement.
Richie R

Hi nysnowarrior

If you mean issues like something is going to blow and your stuck there (on the trail) with parts in your hand than NO..

The guy's above covered the thing you should do and look at, beside that you will enjoy thousands of miles of smiles if you trail ride..

I ran into a guy in Quebec he had 56,000k on his sled, he wasn't pulling my leg i seen the speedo,
that's how reliable they are..

Ho, just carry a rope in case you need to pull someone back..:)

5,000 for maybe the best sled ever, and it's still in the breakin period. I say YES!!

Dont even question it! Great sled. My crew has two. Keep the maintence and bushings up and you'll love it. I still wish I bought Attak instead of Apex RTX when I bought mine! We have two in my crew and both over 10,000 miles. never stranded! Just do occasional and thorough inspections.

I had one,put 6000 miles on it. I had my chain cases and hot grips updtaed to 07 versions and had my rear shock re sprung and revalves by Pioneer. I aslo put Ski Doo Precision ski's on it. Great sled .Pre the shock upgrade I craked by W arm and had to have it fixed .Oh and my dealer replaced all my idler whees due to delamination. The sled was GTG

Back