• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking to extend an apex to a 136 or 144 need advice!

vicman

Extreme
I had an attack last year and traded it for an apex rtx I'm not as happy with the apex as I was with the attak. The attak was much faster top speed and was a lot better off trail!. I think it took the bumps much better on groomed trails. I am looking at possibly putting an extension on my apex to make it a 136 or possibly a 144. Tracks usa has some pretty good deals and I was wondering how good their kits are?. Also does the rtx have the same skid as the attak with shorter rails?. Looking for all information and pointers I can get from you guys!. Also wondering if I can fit an inch and a half track without having to modify it at all.

The 2006 RTX came with a mono-shock suspension (similar to your Attak). The 2007 and new RTX models came with the ProActive skid.

The ProActive skid is the same one used in the 2006/2007 RS Nytro. I have a lot of experience with that skid and could give you some great insight on how I got it to function extremely well. If you didn't want to go with rail extensions, we also have full one-piece billet aluminum rails available for the ProActive skid.

We (Muffin Works) have a great extension kit (track not included). We have rail extensions available for 136 or 144, in both straight and tipped designs. Our tunnel extensions look great, are a quality piece and are very affordable. Our tunnel extensions are also available with powder coating (if you wanted to match it to your black tunnel). If you search around you'll see that we have a great reputation with many pleased customers.

Better track choices with the 136 vs 144 so that's something to consider. The 121 vs 136 OEM have different mounting points so extending rails still gives you 121 suspension geometry, but with longer "wheelbase".
I have the muffinworks tunnel extension that fit and looks good.

Dan

extension

I have the muffin works tunnel and rail extension...I went from a 121-136 on my '06 Apex...I put 50 kms on it the other day and it feels great...I also went with a 1.5" lug track...it clears...

Attachments

• tunnel extension and beer belly 004.jpg
    tunnel extension and beer belly 004.jpg
    672.4 KB · Views: 523
I also have the muffinworks setup. Newfie Apex and I done mine right after he did his 136. I went with the 144 tipped up rails and 1.75 back country track. You need to remove the tunnel protectors for the 1.75 to clear. I rode it this weekend and love it. Hardly notice the longer track on the trails but off trail there is a huge improvement. Also must add that jason at Muffinworks is great to deal with.

Attachments

• IMG_0511S.jpg
    IMG_0511S.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 719
  • IMG_0296.JPG
    IMG_0296.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 473
136 skid in rtx

Hey guys i have a skid out of an attack 136 and was woundering what is all needed to drop in to my 2006 rtx any help would be great thanks. :yam:

I have an 06 RTX that I made into a 144" the link for the thread on it is blow. Its the best thing I have ever done to a sled.

Attachments

• IMG00586-20110118-1122.jpg
    IMG00586-20110118-1122.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 646
Thanks guys!! I appreciate the help. Do you have to add any wheels to the skid when doing this? :rocks:

Vicman---what year RTX do you have??? If its an 06 (mono skid) then extensions will work--if its 07 or newer then shoot me a PM and I can help you save a lot of time and hasle!! :yam:

Track & Tunnel Extension + track, mine was just under $500.

You need to search around for tracks and get a good deal, thats your biggest savings.

I am doing skid change on my rtx its 06 with a 06 attack 136 dose any budy no or have measurements or anything that can help were to put the extra drive wheels that go in tunnel and the new drop brackets please let me no thanks could us the help

Back