• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Low end bog

NYTRORYDRAK

I have a low end bog, stumble on the 09 nytro mtx. It is right when you get on /off/ on the gas. I read sometime back something about changing the CO# to like -10 or -15. can someone shed some more light on this for me. Is it just leaning out the bottom end a bit? DO i need to worry about being to lean? Thanks in advance. :jump:

A stumble would probably mean it's actually to lean now. This is what happened after I changed my exhaust. In that case you need to increase your CO not decrease. + or - 10 would be way to much IMO. Your looking at more like 1-4. Change the setting for all three cylinders +1 at a time and then test it.

The bigger question is why are you having this issue? Have you changed the sled from stock? Are you at a really high or low altitude? Do you have fuel issues? Is there something else going on with your sled?

Mine did this as well (stock motor), I richened the mixture to +10. It has much better off idle throttle response now. I tried +5 through +15 and +10 seemed to work about the best on my sled.
Although I may have to re-adjust it slightly after I get the Excell header installed.

Wow +10 - mime totally bogged out at the top end when I went over 5. Amazing how different the same piece of hardware will respond. But I guess that is why they gave this setup option in the first place. Maybe the difference is that mine ran ok stock, had it not then I would guess I'd have made a larger adjustment for the exhaust. When I researched this the only true way to set this correctly was to use a wide band O2 sensor in the exhaust. For me trial and error worked close enough. So back to the origonal problem - play with it and see what helps. Post your results it will make an interesting comparison.

I know there is a thread on here somewhere that ulmer did on how to change your co setting. I searched and can't seem to find it. Could someone post up a link or explain to me how to do it? Thank you.

Real quick as I'm running out the door and this is totaly from memory but will get you close enough. Near the bottom end of your steering columb is a white wire connector taped to the harness. Un-plug the plug and ground the wire (a small aligator clip will fit up in the connector - ground the other end.) Hold both buttons down on the left of your guages and turn on the key. Keep them down until Diag shows on the screen. Then press the top button (select I believe) until CO shows up. Then press and hold both buttons again until you get a large C0. Press both again and you will get a number below C0. Adjust this number up or down with the two buttons. Press both again to exit. Press the top button to get to C1 and repeat process. Repeat again for C2. When done turn off key and remove ground wire. Test drive.

I hope I got it close if you have trouble let me know and I'll post corrections. Good Luck.

Sorry I am in the dark on this one! What exactly is the CO? and what are you changing by adjusting this? Thanks!

[The bigger question is why are you having this issue? Have you changed the sled from stock? Are you at a really high or low altitude? Do you have fuel issues? Is there something else going on with your sled?[/quote]

I put a yoshi exhaust on. It had a bit of a stumble stock. I was reading on snowest about some people having the same problem and that was there fix. (-10 or -15). I just wanted to get some second opinions. I am going to move them back to 0 and try the tuning again. :Rockon:

I tried +5, +10, and +15 to get rid of the low end hesitation/popping and all felt worse than stock. Even +5 felt a little more boggy. That was on a road though, I'm gonna play with them again this weekend in some deeper snow.

I also have an excell header and aftermarket exhaust.

One more note for the guys changing exhaust and having the hessitation issue. I found when I did mine that with out the silencer (which was effectivly a straight pipe) that the thing just ran like crap. Adding it back in made my sled run much better and still gave me the increase in power I was looking for as well as the weight loss. By being able to richen up the the mix (Increase CO) ment I was flowing more air through the motor. More air + more fuel = more power. On a last note if you are flowing more air out the back of the motor (exhaust) at some point you have to address your air intake. Meaning more air flow in. This is basic motor performance tuning.

I've been thinking about getting the K&N setup from Ulmer for that very reason, just hesitant about the performance gain...

I've also been thinking about the K&N Kit. Would like to get some feedback on it. Sled is in the shop right now for a warrantied oil tank so hopefuly I will get to play with the settings this weekend.

Back