• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Low oil pressure.

That'll do it. Now to question where this #*$&@ came from and what it is.

2 Questions:

1. What brand and weight of oil do you run?

2. Do you let the engine cool for a minute prior to shutting it off so it doesn't coke the oil in the turbo from the extreme heat?

Mirroring the earlier comment. I had issues with the oil tank seal so I had the tank apart twice in five years. I was surprised how much was deposited in the bottom of the tank. This is after using amsoil and meticulously changing oil and filters year in and out. Replacing that oil tank seal every 4-5 yrs may be a blessing in disguise. My screen was in reasonable shape but had some debris on it.
Ms

This sled has had yamalube with oem filter since new.
Drained the oil again and found a few more bronze chunks. I'll have the motor out this week for disassembly.

This sled has had yamalube with oem filter since new.
Drained the oil again and found a few more bronze chunks. I'll have the motor out this week for disassembly.
Bronze chunks? NFG. I'm trying to think about where bronze is inside 998. Main bearing material? Connecting rod material? Don't think oil pump has anything. ????

When I was a bush pilot/aviation mechanic back in the radial engine days we always pulled the oil screens every 50 hour inspection.
Brass in the oil screen beyond a slight trace was always an engine change.

Back