• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LTX Suspension settings only

Here is the link to the arctic cat article about the springs with the part numbers.
http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article/Handling-Upgrade-Convert-your-ProCross-Skidframe-to-2016-Specs
I like the advice on the torsions but the center shock spring they recommend is too soft. Part number I gave above is better for me and I weigh 145lbs. Another thing they fail to mention is that they completely changed the valving in 16 along with the spring. So really that article is a bunch of nonsense. I believe I said so in comments over there also.

That 1704-736 90/250 spring came standard on 2012/13 snopro models, possibly others. On my 13' cat that spring is way too soft, at 4 turns of preload it bottoms out hard on bigger bumps then releases all its energy on the rebound. I took that spring out and put in the 2704-229 to try, may take it out today. That spring didn't work well in my viper but maybe it'll be different in this sled. If not I'm gonna try my trusty stock viper 135# spring that's always treated me well.

2704-229 is the spring to get fellas! Holy crap is it awesome!

Wayyy different in transfer! Wayyyy better going down the trail! Wayyy more confidence, I am running no sway bar and 80 psi. I can't believe the difference.

Wayyy different in transfer! Wayyyy better going down the trail! Wayyy more confidence, I am running no sway bar and 80 psi. I can't believe the difference.
Where did you find the 229?

Called up my dealership ,(sun n snow Utica NY) had it in one day! Can't get over how awesome it is! Love it

I have read this entire thread and still not sure what I should be trying.

Last winter I was an idiot and made way too many changes to my sled all at once before even riding it since the season before. Then, before I was able to even finish installing everything I snapped my wrist in 3 places, not only ending my season, but making it impossible to finish installing all the parts. I finally was able to finish up installing everything yesterday, and took it out for a loop around the yard as a quick test. Its horrible. I have so much ski pressure that I couldn't even back out of the garage. Turning is extremely heavy. It does feel much more plush overall compared to what I remember from the last time I rode it two years ago (I actually have some suspension sag when I climb onto the machine vs nothing at all before), but a loop around the yard really doesnt mimic trail riding so I cant say for certain.

I dropped the pressure in the floats down in 5 PSI increments from 75 down to 50. Still too much ski pressure. I changed the center shock preload in 3 turn increments so many times that the last time I didnt even bother counting and cranked and cranked. Its sitting about 2/3 of the way up now.

IIRC there are a couple different variations of part numbers that some are using. This is what I installed/updated since I last rode my sled:

Front Float2's freshly serviced
Both skid shocks serviced and revalved by Bruce @ BLine Control
Swapped in a 90/250 dual rate center spring (Cat Part 1704-736 )
Replaced both torsion springs with cat (2704-026 & 2704-027 )

I also put on an Ice Cobra track, Thunder clutch kit, serviced the clutch, new CF belt, fresh carbides, and some other non-suspension related items if that matters.

Right now I am at 50 PSI in the floats, center spring ~2/3rds of the way up, and torsions at 1 (I weigh 155lbs w/out gear)

Any reccomendations for other things to try? Maybe some type of baseline settings to start with? Two years ago the 1704-736 seemed like the center spring everyone raved about, but now it sounds like its the 2704-229?

Last winter I was an idiot and made way too many changes to my sled all at once before even riding it since the season before. Then, before I was able to even finish installing everything I snapped my wrist in 3 places, not only ending my season, but making it impossible to finish installing all the parts. I finally was able to finish up installing everything yesterday, and took it out for a loop around the yard as a quick test. Its horrible. I have so much ski pressure that I couldn't even back out of the garage. Turning is extremely heavy. It does feel much more plush overall compared to what I remember from the last time I rode it two years ago (I actually have some suspension sag when I climb onto the machine vs nothing at all before), but a loop around the yard really doesnt mimic trail riding so I cant say for certain.

I dropped the pressure in the floats down in 5 PSI increments from 75 down to 50. Still too much ski pressure. I changed the center shock preload in 3 turn increments so many times that the last time I didnt even bother counting and cranked and cranked. Its sitting about 2/3 of the way up now.

IIRC there are a couple different variations of part numbers that some are using. This is what I installed/updated since I last rode my sled:

I also put on an Ice Cobra track, Thunder clutch kit, serviced the clutch, new CF belt, fresh carbides, and some other non-suspension related items if that matters.

Right now I am at 50 PSI in the floats, center spring ~2/3rds of the way up, and torsions at 1 (I weigh 155lbs w/out gear)

Any reccomendations for other things to try? Maybe some type of baseline settings to start with? Two years ago the 1704-736 seemed like the center spring everyone raved about, but now it sounds like its the 2704-229?
I never raved about the 736 spring. Go back to stock center spring and crank that up or get the 229. Last and hopefully best option would be to wait for final results on the Bill Mohr(Stingray) spring. You might be able to get a feel for whats being done with the center spring by cranking even more but it will be hard on the lower shock mount and shock itself. I know also that you will not be able to run your Floats that low. 60psi is about as low as you will ever go. I like about 65-70. It will come around. You have a very good start.

Merry Christmas
Steve

Sigh... Nothing like getting your sled finally put together after two years and having to take it all back apart again! I definitely didn't want to run that floats that low, I was just trying anything and everything. I'll set em back to 70-75 and toss my stock spring back in.

Merry Christmas to you too!

No sway bar? I assume you dont do a lot of fast twisty trail riding?

No sway bar? I assume you dont do a lot of fast twisty trail riding?

you can change you center spring right in your sled, its a piece of cake and i did mine in 15 mins, buy the 229 spring and dont even mess around with the stocker. I been there done that, thats all i ride is tight twistie trails, no sway bar at all. Its amazing!

That 1704-736 in my opinion isn't the right spring for this sled. It came stock in my 2013 f800 and it's not the right spring for that sled and that one is 100 pounds lighter than a viper..it's just too soft at first. Bottomed hard in my sled when you pushed it at all then would rebound like crazy. I have the 2704-229 in it now and it's a great improvement...although that spring didn't work well at all in my viper, but that's more than likely due to shock valving. I haven't tried many different springs in my viper but so far the stock 135 # spring with revalved shocks is definitely my #1 choice for all around ride quality and handling. I plan to try the 135 spring yet in my cat, but if it doesn't work I'm more than pleased with the 2704-229. On a side note, anyone have insight on how many miles before a spring takes its "set" to where it gets broke in and will stay working consistently at that setting? Call me crazy but after a 40 mile ride today the 229 spring felt more plush then when we started..prior to today the spring only had maybe 50 miles on it.

I went a 100 miles on mine it's pretty consistent now. I can definitely tell it was more plush after riding it

Back