• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LTX Suspension settings only

I will check later but the spring SnoNinja is using is stiffer than stock not lighter. This gets the front end light and actually rides better for little stuff because of dual rate. Lots of spring options.

You think it's a good option cannondale? For whatever reason this year I've found I've been riding a bit harder than normal and have tightened my center shock up a full turn before every ride for the past 3 rides and still find it a bit too soft. $35 sounds much better than the 60-$70 alternative plus the dual rate sounds very nice

The Hygear dual rate front skid shock springs are very nice and that's what I run. It's two springs and not a dual rate single spring. They work better than any dual rate cat spring, which I've used many on various sleds.

The Hygear dual rate front skid shock springs are very nice and that's what I run. It's two springs and not a dual rate single spring. They work better than any dual rate cat spring, which I've used many on various sleds.

I put the Hygear Dual Rate front skid shock springs in this year as well as the softer Torsion Springs. Combined with my Elka Stage 5's, it is one sweet ride. The Hygear dual rate springs work awesome. Can't believe the difference it made to the ride.

True dual rate is better since you can tune using the crossover but the cat 160lb one is also a big improvement vs stock since less preload is needed to hit sweet spot. Cheaper than Hygear but yes not as good. Studroes that is a sign your stocker is bagged out. Happened to me about 5000mi.

True dual rate is better since you can tune using the crossover but the cat 160lb one is also a big improvement vs stock since less preload is needed to hit sweet spot. Cheaper than Hygear but yes not as good. Studroes that is a sign your stocker is bagged out. Happened to me about 5000mi.
Well I'm at 4000 miles, but at 250+ pounds that spring has certainly had a workout. I've went 3 full turns this year on top of what I had it set at last year with I'm sure was probably a couple turns of preload and I can remember how well it would ride with just 1 turn of preload and hardly ever bottom. Gonna go to the dealer tomorrow and have them order that spring. Not in the mood to spend $100 on a spring but I can handle $35, even if the more expensive option is the better option...I can buy a lot of bar food for the $60 I'd save:)

I said "heck with it" & ordered the Dual Rate Spring from Country Cat. I'm gonna have the skid out to install the torsion springs so I may as well give the Dual Rate a whirl.

Is that the spring you'd recommend cannondale? Going to the dealer in the morning to order one just wanna make sure I get the right one, don't wanna be too soft.
Yes for sure this is what you want. Package with old spring in it is sitting right in front of me. Remember the front spring to soft thread by Bill No Way? He was the one who got that right. This cat spring is as close to the aftermarket one he has.

Those that want a softer ride should get the new 16 ltx torsion springs w/revalve. I have not tried the other spring mentioned so cannot recommend that one.

Yes it will. Here is the chart
Cat spring Chart.jpg

I put the Hygear Dual Rate front skid shock springs in this year as well as the softer Torsion Springs. Combined with my Elka Stage 5's, it is one sweet ride. The Hygear dual rate springs work awesome. Can't believe the difference it made to the ride.

Very true. The "real" dual springs are not that expensive. Considering what guys pay for exhaust, turbos, accessories, the shock springs are a drop in the bucket considering the importance in regard to ride. It's the one of the last parts I'm going to go cheap on. The Cat springs dual rate work ok but you have very little travel before they hit the higher rate. Set them up correctly and they aren't bad. I'd take them over a single rate but after going to the Hygear dual springs , I wouldn't go back to save a c-note.

I'm trying Cannondale's shock revalve on an extra set of shocks this season. I'll report back in comparison to the Hygear valved set I swapped them out for and see if he knows what he's doing. ;)

So I got this spring in mine now, did a quick 50 mile ride the other day. I put around 1 to 1 and a half turns of preload on the spring. First impression just riding through the fields, didn't notice any difference. On trails, I honestly couldn't tell any easier steering effort, only thing I definitely noticed was that I felt every single bump, compared to my 4000 mile stock spring it felt more rough in everything from small chatter all the way up to big hits. Some of the big bumps my stock spring would've definitely bottomed out on but when it bottoms it's still smooth. So will this spring loosen up quick and be more trail friendly? Hate to say it but it brought back nightmares of the harsh ride of the original shock valving.

So I got this spring in mine now, did a quick 50 mile ride the other day. I put around 1 to 1 and a half turns of preload on the spring. First impression just riding through the fields, didn't notice any difference. On trails, I honestly couldn't tell any easier steering effort, only thing I definitely noticed was that I felt every single bump, compared to my 4000 mile stock spring it felt more rough in everything from small chatter all the way up to big hits. Some of the big bumps my stock spring would've definitely bottomed out on but when it bottoms it's still smooth. So will this spring loosen up quick and be more trail friendly? Hate to say it but it brought back nightmares of the harsh ride of the original shock valving.
Which sled Studroes? I think you still don't have enough preload. Is front light? See if it's in bottom of travel it will feel stiffer but adjustment is actually opposite what you would think. Go 3 full turns tighter and see. Can adjust from there.

Back