• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lube steering joints?

brmurph

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 APEX XTX
What are you guys doing to lube the steering on the APEX (or any sled actually)? I am specifically talking about the ball socket joints. Should this be lubed and if so with what?

Thanks.

Agree with Mr.Sled^^
Have used this stuff too, works well.
FF.JPG

Thanks.. Is there anything specific to grease for hard steering? I have 2012 APEX XTX and it seems like it steers a little tough for a machine with power steering. To be fair I don't have a lot to compare against.

There are some nylon or HDPE half bushings on the steering post below the riser, and also where the steering tubes/linkage transition toward the front of sled, one above the reverse mechanism and one at the front by the airbox, I always sprayed fluid film in those locations too. Parts 15 and 22 in the pic.

Capture.JPG

There are some nylon or HDPE half bushings on the steering post below the riser, and also where the steering tubes/linkage transition toward the front of sled, one above the reverse mechanism and one at the front by the airbox, I always sprayed fluid film in those locations too. Parts 15 and 22 in the pic.

View attachment 141604

Thanks! Can you get to these without removing the gas tank?

Back