• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Major help with zx2

subaru2006

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Polaris SBA
Ok so heres the deal. I have everything installed correct per instructions. BUT
I can not get the mounting holes to line up at all. I have a 144 skid with 144 track. Iam off by about and 1" or so. Both sides are about 1" up and forward of the hole they need to be in...

What ive tried so far. Ive also removed the pins from the skid. track tension all the way in.
1 raising the back of the skid.(different heights) No go
2 raised front of skid. No go
3 raised both front and back of skid. No go

I can not move it further like there is tension on it. I hope once front are in the rear mounts will be pretty much lined up.

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Subaru2006

If you have been trying by yourself, try to get some friends to be there when you try to install it so you have more manpower to get the skid where it needs to be. When installing mine, I luckily had 4 people helping me out.

Also how trying to disconnect the limiter strap? Don't what that will do, but it might do something.

Good luck

Yeah we did have 3 people, still didnt work. When I get home im going to try what rxrider did in his post. Only need an 1" or so back more. Iam pretty sure its really tight because its a brand new track iam putting on... I was searching on here and it seems iam not the only one with it tight like this. I will try the limiter strap also and see what that does.

Subaru2006

If I remember I put the rear bolts in first than did what RXrider did to get my fronts in. I remember using a floor jack to slowly push the front of the skid into position

You know i never thought of doing that because the directions you know say do front first. I also never looked at the rear holes to see if they were close or not. Prolly should try that also... Wont know till tomorrow, but I will diffently post how I did it if any of these options ive read so far work.
Like I said before tho. Its just in 1" or so more to the rear to make it line up. Almost seems as the track is 1" to short... Which sounds funny. I know I have most if not all the slack out of the track.
Thanks so far guys. Hope something works.
Subaru2006

You do have the rear axle at it's most forward position right? If it's a brand new track, it might explain it being tight.

Other tricks you could try are using a ratchet strap compressing either arm to line up the suspension mount holes, or a block of wood under the sled at either the front or rear arms. Spring tension at a minimum helps too.

Man my 121" was a B****** to do myself, talk about drunken sailor language eminating from under the sled. I finally just manhandled it in there but omg was it tight.

One other little trick is to try and get the skid cold, it shrinks slightly and will help. I tried getting mine in with my shop at 70 degrees and it was a no go, turned the heat off and cooled her down to 40 and it was a little easier but not much at least I got it.

If anybody does come up with a trick I'm all ears!

I can relate to that!!! Felt like doing this to my sled.... :die

kinger said:
Man my 121" was a B****** to do myself, talk about drunken sailor language eminating from under the sled. I finally just manhandled it in there but omg was it tight.

One other little trick is to try and get the skid cold, it shrinks slightly and will help. I tried getting mine in with my shop at 70 degrees and it was a no go, turned the heat off and cooled her down to 40 and it was a little easier but not much at least I got it.

If anybody does come up with a trick I'm all ears!

No I have not tryed that yet. Iam not off work until 0600 tomorrow, so I will go though most if not all these tips to see what works and doesnt. Ill keep you guys posted on my progress.

Subaru2006

YAY got it.. Had to do alittle of everything. I used a tie strap to pull the skid back/ pull shock down. Then also raised the front very slowly. So heres my next questions

First is it normal for the front to hit before the rear? It does sit flat after it settles or if you sit on it? Front shocks need more pressure?

Next is alignment, what ive tryed so far was measureing from the middle idlers to rear idles and made them equal on both sides. My only problem is it seems to not be completely straight. The sliders sit in between the track inside lugs. but not completely in the middle. It looks like the front are in the middle. The middle of the sliders are off center as if it bows in like warped wood does. The end of the sliders is near the middle of the lugs. All on right side. Left side seems to be pretty straight.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks for the ideas on getting the holes lined up.....

Subaru2006

Now that is normal mine looks a little tipped up as well after install.

Attachments

• Outside_rear.JPG
    Outside_rear.JPG
    279.1 KB · Views: 80
Heres a couple pictures of the sliders and track clips so you can understand my last post. Also some finished shots.

First two pictures are left side. Second two pictures are the right side. The side Iam wondering about.....

Subaru2006

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 103
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 4.jpg