• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Making the stock ski work better

I rode with a set that I made, and let me tell you what difference. I had been using deuce bar carbides all winter and did not really care for them, in the hard pack were really hard to steer and seemed to slow down my sled because they set down real low into the snow , lots of drag. So I made a set and today rode with them, no darting easier steering and did really well on the side hills. I was really amazed at how well they worked.

I checked out that link. you can report that guy to ebay for excessive shipping costs. I am going to because that much shipping is REDICULOUS!!!!! I hope that ebayer see's me on here and pulls his listing cuz thats highway robbery

funny storie here...
a friend called screaming...."come quick you gotta but this windscreen,its only 59.00,and its normally 80.00!
funny part was before i clicked buy it now with my credit card,the freaking shipping was 35.00! lol
needless to say we didnt buy it.

jeffT said:
I checked out that link. you can report that guy to ebay for excessive shipping costs. I am going to because that much shipping is REDICULOUS!!!!! I hope that ebayer see's me on here and pulls his listing cuz thats highway robbery

I haven't sold on ebay before. Is there a commission that the guy is trying to bypass, with having the price hidden in the shipping?

Thecross said:
jeffT said:

I haven't sold on ebay before. Is there a commission that the guy is trying to bypass, with having the price hidden in the shipping?
yes!!!

Ya, the more money Ebay thinks you are making, not counting shipping. The more money they want to charge the seller in fee's. I have no problem with the way his auction is set up. If he did it the other way, by charging $45 for the part and $5 for shipping, Ebay is gonna charge him more money in seller fee's. Which in turn will end up having to raise the price of the part he is selling to help cover the Ebay fee's. Then you will see his add change from costing a total of $50 with shipping to buy it, to $60 to buy it. Something like $55 for the part and $5 to ship. And no, I don't know this person who's Ebay add this is or use his products, but I have just been made aware of this part and am considering trying one on my Nytro.

GetHighRacewear said:
Ya, the more money Ebay thinks you are making, not counting shipping. The more money they want to charge the seller in fee's. I have no problem with the way his auction is set up. If he did it the other way, by charging $45 for the part and $5 for shipping, Ebay is gonna charge him more money in seller fee's. Which in turn will end up having to raise the price of the part he is selling to help cover the Ebay fee's. Then you will see his add change from costing a total of $50 with shipping to buy it, to $60 to buy it. Something like $55 for the part and $5 to ship. And no, I don't know this person who's Ebay add this is or use his products, but I have just been made aware of this part and am considering trying one on my Nytro.

Looks like you where about right.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dartless ... enameZWDVW

It's tough making a profit selling new parts on Ebay, they get you twice, once to list the add, then again for a percentage once the item sells. Then if that's not bad enough, if you accept a payment through PayPal(run by Ebay), they stick their hands in your pocket also, for their share of the profit. You don't realize any of that as a buyer, but as a seller, by the time its all said and done, you get a lot less than the winner bidder actually paid out.

I was wondering another option with base setup.

The ski's are installed on the spindle off set to the inside. What happens if we move them outward with the spacers.

IE would it make it too hard to turn...

I might one of the few here satisfied with the stock skis. The trick for me was to load them by pulling the front strap up by two holes, setting the front spring to zero preload and then installing 1/2" diameter runners with 6" of carbide. This does make the steering heavy but having the sled go where I point it is more important - and I like the work-out.

When the temps are over 25F and the snow is soft and compactable I feel like the stock skis cut with precision. I'll notice a slight push if the snow is grainy and loose but it's easy to compensate for this with a skid turn or more input. They do dart a bit at lower speeds when the trail is frozen or hard-packed but this has never been a hot-button issue for me.

When my stock skis wear out I might go with Simmon's Gen I skis. I really liked this style ski on my old REV. For now though, the stock skis are working well.

We probably ride some of the same trails and I’d be happy to show you how my sled is setup. I think a lot of getting the Nytro to handle is in learning what it will do instead of trying to make it handle like another sled.

I agree arteeex, I find the stock ski's to work pretty well. I have played with all the suspension settings per the FAQ sticky here. This has made a huge improvement over the original settings.

What I have it set at right now is. (185#)
-Front shocks = zero preload, Compression and rebound half way between mid and soft.
-Center shock = zero- 1/4" preload
-Rear is, Spring at mid and compression is at half way between mid and soft again.
- Both limiter straps loose, I like the way it weight transfers. I try to time it at a corner, getting out of the gas and having the front end bite hard to make the corner. But I also like it to lift the ski's out of the hole. :)

I do like to keep things as stock as possible. But am still willing to make upgrades to get it dialed in for my needs. I Like the thought of the "dartless" Because the feed back on them is all good. So I figure why not add them and see if it makes it even better.

Arteeex, I have a cabin in Jacobson Mn. I ride the trials north of there most of the time. If you are ever up there we should hook up for a ride.

Back