• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Making vents.

You would want to put something there to keep the snow out of the clutches and air box. I bought a vent kit for mine last season.

Did it to the wifes xtx and both of my apex's I cut the lower part of the panle and used frog ski to cover the holes and made a frame out of some chicken wire. Costed me about 25 bucks. Got the frog skin from Outerware.

I've drilled some holes in the dash cover on my Nytro, as well added a couple of other vents to help evacuate hot air under the hood of my Nytro. Here's a link to a couple of pics: http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... s&start=49

Using a regular drill bit creates a pretty rough edge in the plastic. I've found that using a stepped bit really cleans up the holes.

Attachments

• all11040-lg.jpg
    all11040-lg.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 89
One of the best vents you can put on your Nytro. Hot engine, hot rad......heat rises.

Attachments

• vent 1.jpg
    vent 1.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 103
No, it doesn't bounce around. Once the hood is in place everything is nice and firm. You have 2 options for gauge mounting. As shown, above the vent (which I prefer) or off the steering post.

vents

if you can get a hold of some trampoline material it works great very sturdy breaths well and keeps snow out. made a few with it backed with expanded metal and rivets with washers works great, and cheap. put a vent wherever you like. hope this helps mike ;)!

Re: vents

snowgood said:
if you can get a hold of some trampoline material it works great very sturdy breaths well and keeps snow out. made a few with it backed with expanded metal and rivets with washers works great, and cheap. put a vent wherever you like. hope this helps mike ;)!

Great idea. I have a hole 14' tramp that the frame was trashed.

The outerwears or frogskinz is the best as it is almost water proof and breaths like nothing is there but it can rip easy. Tramp material is pretty tough.

Re: vents

snowgood said:

Trampoline material and expanded metal!!?? Gotta post some pics of that!!

Back