• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Manitoba TY Ride 2017

Well with the trail scouting help of InRBignes yesterday and kod griz and myself today we have decided that the Ride is a go for this weekend of the 9-11th.
Trails are not pristine nor so I expect them to be considering the awful weather we had a few weeks ago. The clubs have worked very had to get the trails back up riding shape. Lakes and water crossings have safe ice thickness.
Even tho the trail base is mostly ice there is enough snow for proper cooling. Kod griz and myself ducked into the Whiteshell today. We started in LDB and went for lunch in White Lake ( and yes the "sampler" is back on the menu) and then swung thru Pinawa on our way back to LDB. The high traffic trails around LDB are a bit woopped out but all other trails we hit were decent.
Sorry for any inconvenience the postponement of the Ride may have cause anyone.:oops:
We will see you Thursday 9am at Wilderness Edge in Pinawa.
:sled1::sled1:

Fun4.jpg
A bit of a slow start on the scouting ride yesterday. Apparently there needs to be air in the bottom half of the tire.
Fun5.jpg
A late lunch at White Lake Resort

Well with the trail scouting help of InRBignes yesterday and kod griz and myself today we have decided that the Ride is a go for this weekend of the 9-11th.
Sorry for any inconvenience the postponement of the Ride may have cause anyone.:oops:
We will see you Thursday 9am at Wilderness Edge in Pinawa.
:sled1::sled1:
We're back on track, days booked off for the 9th and 10th, now let's hope that sled co-operates.....

Well day 1 of the ride is done. 165 miles of good trail conditions made for an enjoyable day of riding.
Tomorrow its off to the Whiteshell.

Another MB TY Ride is now in the books.
This year has been a challenge for the clubs out here. Large dumps of snow before cold temps could freeze the swamps and then warm temps and rain flooding some trails. Was really hard to guess whether there would be open trails this year for the Ride.
With a little help from Mother Nature and alot of hard work from the clubs the trails were opened and conditions were very favourable all three days.
Was a small group this year but that did not keep the "smiles per gallon" down at all. Big thanks to Sasquatch for the entertainment and Lil' J for the laughs. Again.
Special thank goes to FWB for coming to the rescue. Somebody had a slight chaincase issue on Saturday. I'm sure he will be ready to roll by the weekend if the trails hold up with the up coming warm weather.
I will be going thru the GoPro footage this week. I'm sure I have the chaincase double #$%&* recorded. :p
All in all it was another great time with awesome people.
Thank you all.;)!

Glad you had fun and sounds like Charley was in good form. Missed you guys maybe next year

Well we hope you can make it next year as well. Hopefully we can have our #$%&* together and give you ample time to book the next Ride in.:D

Another MB TY Ride is now in the books.
This year has been a challenge for the clubs out here. Large dumps of snow before cold temps could freeze the swamps and then warm temps and rain flooding some trails. Was really hard to guess whether there would be open trails this year for the Ride.
With a little help from Mother Nature and alot of hard work from the clubs the trails were opened and conditions were very favourable all three days.
Was a small group this year but that did not keep the "smiles per gallon" down at all. Big thanks to Sasquatch for the entertainment and Lil' J for the laughs. Again.
Special thank goes to FWB for coming to the rescue. Somebody had a slight chaincase issue on Saturday. I'm sure he will be ready to roll by the weekend if the trails hold up with the up coming warm weather.
I will be going thru the GoPro footage this week. I'm sure I have the chaincase double #$%&* recorded. :p
All in all it was another great time with awesome people.
Thank you all.;)!

Looking Forward to all the pix & videos;)!;)!;)!;)!;)!;)!;)!;)!

Just watching vids now. Yesterday got home about 2pm (because we sat around and talked till 10am, seemed no one wanted to leave) after unloading a truck load of wood and plowing snow for 4 hours, must say the Coffee bell was working in good form, hot coffee when I came in after dark. More snowplowing today, split up the wood and stack it, don't forget to go sign papers for my sweetheart to retire or the coffee bell might never work again.

Ride was great, as always trails where very good considering the melt, I have no complaints about them at all. Company was perfect even found out lil J's weight! Its no where enough to keep the track from spinning on a fresh groomed trail. Yet more then enough to keep Big J in line and silent. We are forming a pit crew for next year to keep Lil J's clothing done up, snow dusted off and shield cleaned of ice (apparently spitting on a paper towel and wiping will not be appreciated). Don you can ride in front of me anytime! I also have the Double #$%&* recorded!

Was good to see Brian and Jim on Saturday. Missed Bounty and Rosemary staring at my Butt but Don took their place (it wasn't the same :). Mark wish you where there maybe next year! Anyway Stiener Praying for the drizzle to stop and in all the years since 2005 I finally saw this Shack!

Attachments

• P1010165.JPG
    P1010165.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 169
  • P1010169.JPG
    P1010169.JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 186

Back