• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Marathon CTY Burma Road Area!!!

TO: All on the WATVA hot mail list
- forwarded at the request of the Mid-Wisconsin ATV Trail Blazers!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 9:28 PM
To: dabb@antigopro.net
Subject: Ladick Gravel Pit

Please forward this message on to all ATV people in central Wisconsin.

I was woken this morning at 6:00a.m. by a phone call from Mr. Duane Ladick, one of the owners of the gravel pit that connects up to the Burma Forest Unit and ATV Trail Area.

Mr Ladick is a avid ATV enthusiast himself and always let ATV riders
onto his property to run threw out the pit. This morning he found a van that housed his $5,000.00 pressure washer in it sitting at the bottom of one of the lakes on his property.

He could tell from the spin marks that a ATV was used to push the van over the cliff and down the 30 foot embankment to the water. Along with this is numerous other areas where ATVs have been doing donuts and generally tearing things up.

This pit is NOW CLOSED!!!!

It is being monitored by the Marathon County Sheriff and anyone caught in there will face a fine up to $1,000.00.

Gates are being made at this time and will be up soon along with signs alerting riders of the closure.

This was done between the hours of noon on Sat. the 15th and 6:00 a.m. today the 17th. If you were riding out there and saw anything please contact me at (715) 261-1583.

Dave Marg
Marathon County Snowmobile/Atv Coordinator
:cry:

It doesn't sound like they were caught yet.

Three of my riding buds who took the Trail Patrol course and patrolled the BRF trails over Memorial Day weekend were using this as an example of how we can lose the few trails we have.

Something I didn't know until I became more active with WATVA was the number of ATVs registered in Wisconsin has more than doubled in the last four years and now exceeds snowmobile registrations for the first time.

ATV registrations 192,211

Snowmobile registrations 180,277

From a market perspective, spending more time on the ATV part of your site is probably time well spent Matt.
;)!

WOW, I think people are finally realizing how much fun they are to trail ride....no matter what the weather brings :-o

Back