• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mbarryracing's Apex fuel system upgrade

We could only always get either the Speedo or GPS to show speed, not both at once because I think they have to use the same M400 input RS232 channel. I'd be interested to learn how to show / record both simultaneously.

Last edited:

Oh interesting, I see what you are saying, I hadn't thought of being able to compare to see 'actual' track spin. I wrote that as an 'instead' of the oem speedo just replace it with a GPS one so that at take off I can measure real acceleration in the data logs. I thought it would be fun to play with the stutter, or lower boost, higher boost, etc to see what yielded the fastest acceleration.

Looking at both and analyzing the 'slip' of track spin would be good information. Too bad we can't.

Copying this fuel system the design is pretty amazing if the Aux pump is mounted lower than the tank do you think i could get away from running the lift pump or it runs the risk of fuel starvation?

I have been running a single pump in the nose of my Apex with no lift pump for many years now. A lift pump would assist in providing higher flow at higher pressure for higher boost levels to compensate for a slightly undersized main pump, but my single fuel pump by itself is already pretty much matched to the turbo HP rating anyhow. I didn't want the additional amp draw or reliability issues of going over kill on the pump, learned from past mistakes...

Back