• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MBRP trail can dyno

No need to play the hp game, and I'm not looking to start that debate, I can say tho that the first dyno run of a box stock viper and a box stock 7000 both with zero miles was 127hp..maybe that's the number people are referring to, after several runs on the dyno and getting the engine loosened but they both made 134. In another point of view, (I'm simply using this example because I know the number and the dyno sheet is posted online) D&D barker can alone made 142hp..is it safe to that it gained 15hp from stock? Absolutely not, can't go by the first number that came off the dyno, in five dyno runs the engine freed up 7 more hp simply by getting broke in. In the case of that exhaust, it had a 10hp increase at some area of the rpm range and a 7-8hp increase at peak hp where it really matters

I hear ya bud and can only agree with you that not everyone's Viper will be the same. All good here, no worries :)

More important than the numbers is the change and where it occurs. A dyno has the ability to plot out TQ versus RPM showing you the area under the curve. Now I know a CVT doesn't really run there, but it's still meaningful data.

I find it interesting how little HP and TQ the Viper really has. It definitely punches above it's weight compared to other sleds.

TD - Your last sentences say it all :)

As Cannondale mentioned....my sled makes more power above 9,000 than it does at 8,800. I tried clutching this thing according to dyno numbers and it lost time and performance.

With that said.....I was corrected by many when I told people the Viper was making 130-135 hpr. It only makes 127-129 AND only 52 ft. lbs. of torque.
Check your TQ figure. The way I see it we'd need about 74 ft lb to make 125 HP at 8700.

More RPM generates more centrifugal force so if power is maintained or even drops a very small amount you will still be faster with more RPM. Apparently this motor holds power well at higher RPM. I was also told by a reliable source that you don't wan't to run that motor at high RPM long term. Not sure on how high or how long.

I would suspect over 9k, long term. Probably hard on valve train.

The rev limiter in stock form is so close to where the sled needs to run to perform that it makes it difficult to clutch the viper. Clutched a tad to high and hit the rev limiter and it kills momentum, clutched to low and it has no power. The only time the engine should see any higher revving than normal is on a take off, after that it can run 8900-9000rpm and be perfectly fine

I'am hearing rumor's of bumping rev limiter to 9400 and clutching at 9200? And yes clutch efficiency starts tailing off after 9k.

Prolly with Evo complete kit they may be clutching for 9200, no idea really, I just know that even with the stock viper if they raised the rev limit to 9300 it'd help a lot, it would just make for easier clutching on the initial jump, on a stock viper without any form of flash I'd still only clutch for 8900-9000

Has anyone ridden with this muffler yet? How much louder is it than stock and how was performance compared to stock? I'd like to stay noise legal in Maine, but definitely looking for something.

Back